Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do basic home maintenance courses exist?

InvestagainInc

Registered
QUOTE (MatzoB @ Apr 5 2009, 08:44 PM)
I had to get a flapper changed for $200 a few months ago and the high costs my recent renovations have got me thinking. I would like to learn how to install hardwood, tiles, change faucets, caulk, and install electrical hardware. All I know how to do a the moment is change light bulbs and hammer nails, albeit poorly.

If its really basic like changing a light fixture or installing a new exhaust fan, you can find most of that information on the internet. If you want to get into more complicated upgrades but don't want to pay someone else to do it, I would find a freind that can show you how to complete the task. If you don't have a freind, hire someone and then watch them/ask questions as long as they are OK with it. Then you know for next time.

For these tasks, I find that my time is much better spent leaving these complicated tasks to the professionals so I can focus on building my business and finding more investment properties. This strategy makes me more money and gives me more free time in the long run.

Top Bottom