Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you Tweet?

ChrisDavies

Registered
The list is all updated and shiny. Please check that I`ve got the names right (spelling and twitter handle), and I`ve linked to people`s websites where I know the site and had it handy when I put you in. Tweet me updates or use the form on the page.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
@w_chris_davies I`m totally hurt that you follow me on twitter, you see me at REIN meetings and yet you don`t include me on your list. @jimwhitelaw

ChrisDavies

Registered
@jimwhitelaw That's a be a big #fail from my corner.

QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Jul 24 2010, 01:32 AM)
@w_chris_davies I'm totally hurt that you follow me on twitter, you see me at REIN meetings and yet you don't include me on your list. @jimwhitelaw
<

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (housingrental @ Jul 24 2010, 09:49 AM) I`m I the only one that still doesn`t see the point of twitter?

Adam, one day you will be on the leading edge of something my friend
but everything must have late adopters or we wouldn`t have early adopters. I have found both tenants and investors because I use social media! Used properly it can be a great tool. Used incorrectly and it is nothing more than a waste of time (much like this and every message board)

www.klout.com is a great tool to see if your tweeting is effective. Are people listening and engaging you or are you just shouting into the Twittersphere with not as much as an echo

Rickson9

Registered
Individuals in my great grandparent`s generation didn`t see the point of cars.

Individuals in my grandparent`s generation didn`t see the point of television.

Individuals in my parent`s generation didn`t see the point of computers.

Individuals in my generation don`t see the point of twitter.

The predictable cycle of willfull ignorance/disinterest of new technology continues...

ChrisDavies

Registered
Interesting list Rickson, I should say that there`s plenty of people who I talk to and recommend that they avoid using Twitter. (I`m a professional online marketer by day) Individual technologies can be huge time wasters, but ignorance of the technology isn`t an option. The people who come to my workshops are often old/uninformed, but they come in with a desire to learn and an open mind.

Twitter`s nice to follow minor-celebrities in my industry, interesting or timely blog posts, and share some of what I`m doing with friends. It`s not always a strictly purposeful tool; you`ve gotta approach it with some willingness to waste a little time and learn as you go.

housingrental

Registered
I don`t see how I can make money using Twitter
Is this possible?
Specifically I need to target property owners in Waterloo, idealy limited to student housing, or larger residential buildings.

Something tells me this group might have limited involvement with twitter, and be hard to do something targetted to them through twitter that allows for new client acquisition.

Is it possible to get from here to there?

QUOTE (Rickson9 @ Jul 24 2010, 06:20 PM) Individuals in my great grandparent`s generation didn`t see the point of cars.

Individuals in my grandparent`s generation didn`t see the point of television.

Individuals in my parent`s generation didn`t see the point of computers.

Individuals in my generation don`t see the point of twitter.

The predictable cycle of willfull ignorance/disinterest of new technology continues...

housingrental

Registered
I`m on the leading edge of innovations to English garden landscaping in Waterloo Region
I also had one of the first Sega master systems in Ontario
QUOTE (wgraham @ Jul 24 2010, 05:09 PM) Adam, one day you will be on the leading edge of something my friend
but everything must have late adopters or we wouldn`t have early adopters. I have found both tenants and investors because I use social media! Used properly it can be a great tool. Used incorrectly and it is nothing more than a waste of time (much like this and every message board)

www.klout.com is a great tool to see if your tweeting is effective. Are people listening and engaging you or are you just shouting into the Twittersphere with not as much as an echo

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Jul 25 2010, 04:15 PM)
I don't see how I can make money using Twitter

Is this possible?

Specifically I need to target property owners in Waterloo, idealy limited to student housing, or larger residential buildings.

Something tells me this group might have limited involvement with twitter, and be hard to do something targetted to them through twitter that allows for new client acquisition.

Is it possible to get from here to there?

You can't make money using twitter. Then again, you can't make money directly from the guy you meet standing in line at Starbucks, but that's because you're selling a different product and looking at a different sales cycle.

You might be able to find people and be visible amongst your target market, but I didn't start this thread to target property owners. There are a lot of things you can do with twitter, but starting a social media strategy (focused around new client acquisition) which begins with a technology is one doomed to fail. I make part of my living doing social media strategy for very large clients and we never start with a technology.

For us as individuals, learning how to use Twitter is very valuable because it teaches us what's possible and what's new. It's also entertaining.

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Jul 26 2010, 07:13 AM) Sure Chris - How to find people and be visible among my target market?

We should chat on the phone and I`ll post it as an interview and my thoughts on how you`d do a social media strategy so everyone can see what the process is.

RenManlolo

Registered
I`ve been on twitter for about a year now but have been fairly quiet. Anyways...I`m @renmanlolo

Top Bottom