Does REIN have mentorship or coaching

VictorHuang

Registered
Jun 21, 2013
Does REIN have personal mentoring program or coaching program?

I just started getting into real estate investing and looking for mentorship and coaching to help me build confidence and point me in the right direction.

Not directly, but you can

1) phone the REIN office for clarification, or

2) network with fellow members, or

3) find a free or usually for-fee person on this forum or a quick internet search

I have posted a few popular links here on how to get started, (or also elaborate on the foundational issues and how to get started in my book).

Usually it takes a few books (such as Don's but also other folks on real estate), a few months of attending REIN events and perhaps two ACRE events to clear the fog from being overwhelmed to taking action in the right direction. In a year, or two, after the third property you are ready to mentor others in fact !

RedlineBrett

Registered
Oct 24, 2007
Calgary
Coaches will want to sell you more coaching, and few will have the detailed market-specific answers you will be looking for.

I mentored dozens of REIN members when I was actively selling... several have very handsome portfolios now! Many decided real estate wasn't for them when faced with real world economics and decisions / risk.

I did this for free (well, to help me get a sale because a confused mind always says no). My advice would be to find an experienced, well reviewed REIN member realtor in the market you want to trade in. Sign an exclusivity agreement with them so that they know you will buy eventually.

They will bring you to the best investment property deals available in your market, and you can start skinning those deals right away and build your education from the real world right off the bat.

If you dither around 'working the room' and just going to REIN events and being presented to you will be inundated with information from all sides that will cloud your thought process and distract you from what you really need: A good first deal on a simple property. It doesn't have to be complicated.