Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Edmonton rental hotspots

kanabel

Registered
Hi everyone!
In past 2 years I`ve been investing outside Edmonton, but now looking to Edmonton again. What is your opinion and experience about particular areas and neighborhoods of the city where you wouldn`t have to worry much about finding tenant in next few years (during this "slump")? Some areas have great appreciation potential but yet high vacancies at this moment, so I am more comfortable with vacancy low areas even if they would mean a bit less appreciation over time.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Dejan

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi,

I suggest you go to the downloads section of MyREINspace.com and download the complete REIN Transportation Report for Edmonton as it outlines specific neighbourhoods for long term growth.

Trust that helps.

kanabel

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Mar 10 2010, 09:44 AM) Hi,

I suggest you go to the downloads section of MyREINspace.com and download the complete REIN Transportation Report for Edmonton as it outlines specific neighbourhoods for long term growth.

Trust that helps.

Thank you Don. I just realized it`s been updated

Dejan

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (kanabel @ Mar 10 2010, 09:21 AM) ...
Any suggestions?
too broad a question .. it is like: what car shall I buy ?

how much money do you wish to invest ? what asset class ? long term hold or flip ?

most areas have pricing that is a reflection of upside or coming transportation.

Usually it is best to buy BEFORE the high-speed bus or the train arrives .. so look where is s.th. being built and will open in 2011 or 2012 or 2015 .. many areas qualify ..

besides Don`s report look at the City`s plan too ..

but: many thought years ago that upgrader alley NE of Edmonton is the hottest area in town .. and guess what: it wasn`t that hot .. or will take a lot longer due to delays in oilsands upgrading now done in the US ..

for s.th. solid stick close to UofA or NAIT or West of downtown .. but prices are higher !

or more long term: near south UofA campus ..

Top Bottom