Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

elevator speech

corybarber

Registered
I was wondering if the elevator speeech topic that Russell spoke about posting I believe at the July workshop has been started?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (corybarber @ Sep 3 2009, 09:11 PM) I was wondering if the elevator speeech topic that Russell spoke about posting I believe at the July workshop has been started?
I use

We double people`s money - for a short elevator ride. Or:

We buy apartment buildings in growth markets with cash-flow, equity growth and mortgage paydown and usually double investors money in 5-7 years - RRSP eligible. (for a longer elevator)

tonypeters

Registered
The other thing you can do is Google "elevator speech". You will find all kinds of interesting articles on the subject matter. If you need any help beyond that, I would be more than happy to provide you with a little coaching. Good luck!QUOTE (corybarber @ Sep 3 2009, 09:11 PM) I was wondering if the elevator speeech topic that Russell spoke about posting I believe at the July workshop has been started?

corybarber

Registered
QUOTE (tonypeters @ Sep 8 2009, 08:50 AM) The other thing you can do is Google "elevator speech". You will find all kinds of interesting articles on the subject matter. If you need any help beyond that, I would be more than happy to provide you with a little coaching. Good luck!

Thanks Tony
What do you use?

Is the "I`m a professional real estate investor" a good lead in.
Follow up " I invest in positive cashflow properties in Central Alberta with private investors and rsp money paying great returns"

Opinions or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Cory

tonypeters

Registered
Cory, that is a GOOD start. Things that you need to include in your elevator speech are things such as; How long you have been doing this, and what returns you offer your imnvestors. If you have not been involved in real estate investing for very long, you should mention the fact that you are associated with a very large (Canadian) real estate investment club. Leverage off of the success of REIN as much as possible, as it will add instant credability. Don`t forget to close the pitch by adding something like..."would be of interest to you". If not, move on to a different subject. If it is of interest to them, keep going! The BEST way to perfect your speech is to get out there and PRACTICE! Practice DOES make PERFECT! Good luck!QUOTE (corybarber @ Sep 21 2009, 09:44 AM)

Thanks Tony
What do you use?

Is the "I`m a professional real estate investor" a good lead in.
Follow up " I invest in positive cashflow properties in Central Alberta with private investors and rsp money paying great returns"

Opinions or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Cory

MKBridge

REIN Member
My elevator speech is going to take place on the ski lift this year! I am lucky enough to live 20 minutes from Silver Star and get up there 30 times + a season (used to be more than 50 days, even 100 for a couple years). I owned a bed and breakfast for skiers and much of my successful advertising took place on the lift, so I am going to try that method again. I am very excited!
Kathi

TodorYordanov

Registered
Try to tell them "what`s in it for them" in your speech. For example: " I invest in Real Estate with JV partners" - "they think" - great, good for you. But I am not telling them how they can become partners or how I attract partners. Make it yours and make it open to questions. Basically they have to be able to identify themselves and the opportunity for them in your message.

To dissect: " I invest in Real Estate with JV partners" - If someone hears this, most people are thinking " 1. Real Estate investor
- you must be a Real Estate agent. 2 JV partner
- I don`t even know what that means, so I am not interested"

I hope this helps,

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Sep 21 2009, 01:20 PM) Try to tell them "what`s in it for them" in your speech. For example: " I invest in Real Estate with JV partners" - great, good for you. But I am not telling them how they can become partners or how I attract partners. Make it yours and make it open to questions.
Basically they have to be able to identify themselves and the opportunity for themselves in your message.

To dissect: " I invest in Real Estate with JV partners" - If someone hears this, most people are thinking " 1. Real Estate investor - Real Estate agent. 2 JV partner - I don`t even know what that means, so I am not interested"

I hope this helps,

I help people become liquid millionaires by managing their most valuable financial assets.

westboundventures

Registered
QUOTE (MKBridge @ Sep 21 2009, 09:41 AM) My elevator speech is going to take place on the ski lift this year! I am lucky enough to live 20 minutes from Silver Star and get up there 30 times + a season (used to be more than 50 days, even 100 for a couple years). I owned a bed and breakfast for skiers and much of my successful advertising took place on the lift, so I am going to try that method again. I am very excited!
Kathi

I love it Kathi! I am lucky enough to live in Whistler and the ski lifts are a big part of my networking strategy for this winter as well. Perfecting a great elevator speech will be very important for success.

I also remember Russell mentioned he would be posting on this, but didn`t see the post. Could someone direct us to the appropriate post, or if it hasn`t been started please weight in, Russell!

thanks,

EdRenkema

Registered
This is a great topic!!I think Todor is bang on with his question - but what is the answer????
I`m using the topic all the time but all I ever get is: `Oh so you`re a RE agent` or I see their eyes get a 1000 ft stare as the envision the big money players, etc, etc. you get the picture.

What I`m not getting is genuine interest because it could be something for them.

How do I portray this??
I`d like to see Tony weigh in again on this, thanks Tony.

TodorYordanov

Registered
A simple and short one would be: " I am in the business of Real Estate investing. I help people find and invest in very profitable and secure Real Estate ventures."

I just came up with this. What do you think?

I also like Brian`s in therm of the message, but the cockiness may be a turn off for some people. No offense Brian.

zimnicki

Registered
This is good, as after my third investment property purchase hopefully happening this week, i too will be looking for JV`s and investors to keep going, and need all the advise i can get. I beleive TODOR`s is a really simple and great way to approach people and let them know what you do, and what you can do for them.

tonypeters

Registered
Thanks for the invite Ed. As always, I like to put things into perspective, so here goes...there is an old saying that goes something like this; "You have to kiss a lot of Toads before you get to kiss the Prince".

Does this put the situation into perspective for you now?

The "MASSES" are the "MASSES" for a reason. They are typically NOT the ones that are doing the kind of CRAZY stuff that entrepreneurs like us are, so they will ALWAYS look at us like we have "three eyes, four ears and something sticking out of our foreheads"
. So you may as well get used to the idea.

The key here is to weed out the "SUSPECTS" from the "PROSPECTS", and do it at "LIGHTENING" speed! If you do not, you will be wasting an awful lot of your time. Hope my views will be of help to you and anybody else that are having difficulty with this particular subject?

QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Sep 22 2009, 11:05 AM) This is a great topic!!
I think Todor is bang on with his question - but what is the answer????

I`m using the topic all the time but all I ever get is: `Oh so you`re a RE agent` or I see their eyes get a 1000 ft stare as the envision the big money players, etc, etc. you get the picture.

What I`m not getting is genuine interest because it could be something for them.

How do I portray this??
I`d like to see Tony weigh in again on this, thanks Tony.

jaccker

Registered
thomasbeyer2000, I am interested in your limited partnership investment, is it RRSP elegible? How could I protect my investment?
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Sep 4 2009, 07:45 PM) I use

We double people`s money - for a short elevator ride. Or:

We buy apartment buildings in growth markets with cash-flow, equity growth and mortgage paydown and usually double investors money in 5-7 years - RRSP eligible. (for a longer elevator)

zimnicki

Registered
QUOTE (tonypeters @ Sep 22 2009, 08:07 PM) Thanks for the invite Ed.
As always, I like to put things into perspective, so here goes...there is an old saying that goes something like this; "You have to kiss a lot of Toads before you get to kiss the Prince"

Does this put the situation into perspective for you now?

The "MASSES" are the "MASSES" for a reason. They are typically NOT the ones that are doing the kind of CRAZY stuff that entrepreneurs like us are, so they will ALWAYS look at us like we have "three eyes, four ears and something sticking out of our foreheads"
. So you may as well get used to the idea.

The key here is to weed out the "SUSPECTS" from the "PROSPECTS", and do it at "LIGHTENING" speed! If you do not, you will be wasting an awful lot of your time. Hope my views will be of help to you and anybody else that are having difficulty with this particular subject?

Hey tony peters, i would like to chat with you some more, can you email me?

michaelzimnicki @ hotmail.com

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Sep 22 2009, 02:56 PM) A simple and short one would be: " I am in the business of Real Estate investing. I help people find and invest in very profitable and secure Real Estate ventures."

I just came up with this. What do you think?

I also like Brian`s in therm of the message, but the cockiness may be a turn off for some people. No offense Brian.

no offense taken...if you met me and heard me say something like that...it would definitely interrupt your thinking, so you would definitely remember it.

TodorYordanov

Registered
QUOTE (BrianPersaud @ Sep 23 2009, 10:23 AM) no offense taken...if you met me and heard me say something like that...it would definitely interrupt your thinking, so you would definitely remember it.

Agreed , it would absolutely stand out. And that is a desired effect.

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (BrianPersaud @ Sep 22 2009, 01:04 AM) I help people become liquid millionaires by managing their most valuable financial assets.
That`s an interesting one. Since I basically think I know what you are taliing about.....JV`s I assume, it actually doesn`t sound very truthfull to me and raises red flags. My first thought is/was....."I know you will make people a lot of money via JV`s but really....how many actual millionaires
have you helped make via JV partnerships?". You say "help" in present tense. Not saying that you don`t, but my thought process is "how many actual JV`s would you have to do with one investor
to help a person become a liquid millionaire?" What if someone calls your bluff and asks you to back up that statement with a reference when they put their hand up for more info?

Even if I did a half dozen JV`s with one person, I think we are talking more in the hundreds of K`s and not in the Millions range.

No offence....Just thinking out loud

John

zimnicki

Registered
QUOTE (JohnSoucie @ Sep 23 2009, 11:29 AM) That`s an interesting one. Since I basically think I know what you are taliing about.....JV`s I assume, it actually doesn`t sound very truthfull to me and raises red flags. My first thought is/was....."I know you will make people a lot of money via JV`s but really....how many actual millionaires have you helped make via JV partnerships?". You say "help" in present tense. Not saying that you don`t, but my thought process is "how many actual JV`s would you have to do with one investor to help a person become a liquid millionaire?" What if someone calls your bluff and asks you to back up that statement with a reference when they put their hand up for more info?

Even if I did a half dozen JV`s with one person, I think we are talking more in the hundreds of K`s and not in the Millions range.

No offence....Just thinking out loud

John

Logically it does make sence, thats why were all shooting out advise, ideas, and how other people would go about this. It is a very interesting topic that i would like to gain more experince on.

Top Bottom