Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Energy Rebate Program

Aneta

REIN Member
QUOTE (markl @ Mar 6 2009, 04:55 PM)
Hi Aneta, congrats I should have gotten a CMHC mortgage oh well I have chq's in the mail. They say by mid march. When did you complete our audit vs when did you receive your $$$?

Regards,

CHMC cheque came in 2 months, federal portion of ECOrebate came in about 7 weeks, provincial portion of ECOrebate came in about 3 months (factor in some downtime over Christmas). Did you apply for the Toronto toilet and washing machine rebates? Those came within 2.5 to 3 months. So I guess one can deduce the federal government is the most efficient and speedy
<
....maybe that's being too generous.

Kimberly

Registered
Moe:

I contemplating an energy audit on a heritage triplex I own... looking at new boiler, windows, insulation... just wondering what you had to do to get the $5000 rebate, ie what renovations did you do? what paid off more than something else if you had to select certain items? Setting aside a budget, realizing you only have 18 months to complete the items, after the energy audit. I`m in Ontario.

Did your energy audit team process the forms for you?

Thanks for your input

Aneta

REIN Member
QUOTE (Kimberly @ Mar 8 2009, 02:56 PM) Moe:

I contemplating an energy audit on a heritage triplex I own... looking at new boiler, windows, insulation... just wondering what you had to do to get the $5000 rebate, ie what renovations did you do? what paid off more than something else if you had to select certain items? Setting aside a budget, realizing you only have 18 months to complete the items, after the energy audit. I`m in Ontario.

Did your energy audit team process the forms for you?

Thanks for your input

Kimberley:

This rebate chart may help.

http://www.homeenergyontario.ca/pdfs/retro...ist_english.pdf

GlennLasiuta

Registered
Hello all, this is a very interesting post. As usual, though, the government makes it a little difficult to receive these benefits. In Alberta, I believe the same goes for Ontario, you need an `energy auditor` to come in first and after the work.

This kind of sucks when you are stuck with a furnace/water heater that has failed, needing immediate replacement and you cannot meet the beauracrats demands by having an audit done before. Sounds like the taxpayers take a double hit on having this `energy audit` done.

To me, it doesn`t take rocket science to figure out that newer appliances and low-e windows will improve energy efficiency in a home that was built, say, in the 1970`s, regardless of having an audit done.

Needless to say, I missed out on this rebate, and now I feel better having `vented` a bit.

Have a good one!

Glenn

Aneta

REIN Member
QUOTE (GlennLasiuta @ Mar 9 2009, 11:18 AM) Hello all, this is a very interesting post. As usual, though, the government makes it a little difficult to receive these benefits. In Alberta, I believe the same goes for Ontario, you need an `energy auditor` to come in first and after the work.

This kind of sucks when you are stuck with a furnace/water heater that has failed, needing immediate replacement and you cannot meet the beauracrats demands by having an audit done before. Sounds like the taxpayers take a double hit on having this `energy audit` done.

To me, it doesn`t take rocket science to figure out that newer appliances and low-e windows will improve energy efficiency in a home that was built, say, in the 1970`s, regardless of having an audit done.

Needless to say, I missed out on this rebate, and now I feel better having `vented` a bit.

Have a good one!

Glenn

There may be some exceptions if you need emergency repair (I thought I read it somewhere). I think if you documented your old furnace details, model numbers etc you may still have a chance. I recommend you call the government office who runs the programs for more details.

GlennLasiuta

Registered
QUOTE (Aneta @ Mar 9 2009, 11:57 AM)
There may be some exceptions if you need emergency repair (I thought I read it somewhere). I think if you documented your old furnace details, model numbers etc you may still have a chance. I recommend you call the government office who runs the programs for more details.

Thanks for the suggestion, Aneta. No dice on this unfortunately, as they adamently specified an energy audit be done before the work commenses. Of course, sometimes a person will get different answers/opinions from the same agency, depending upon who they get on the phone.

The rebate is just the icing on the cake though, since it is nice to have a home heating system that doesn't fire up every 5 minutes to make up the enourmous heat losses from the 'old school' windows, insulation and gaps/cracks.

Glenn

Top Bottom