Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Enmax Technical issue

sandra

Registered
I just got a bill from Enmax and apologies letter from them saying that due to technical error, they missed charge utility for my rental property since Jan 08 until now. The bill come up to more than $1000. The tenant at that time has been moved out long time ago.

Not sure how to deal with this. Your suggesstions are really appreciated.

Sandra Le

GarthChapman

Registered
The same thing happened to us with Epcor, also for about $1,000. It happened because they didn`t do a meter reading for over a year when they are required to do one every 4 months if I remember it correctly.

We got the bill after we had sold the property and so could certainly not collect back from the tenants either. We called and they initially said basically, "We`re sorry, but you do owe the money". I refused to accept that and they then turned to "it is up to me to check their bills". My response was it is up to them to do readings per their commitment and to bill correctly. I just kept saying their answers were not good enough and got it to a Supervisory level.

We eventually got the account re-billed much lower, but they then re-biled it higher, twice, so it ended up almost back where it began. So we elevated the complaint and are waiting to hear from them next week. Don`t you love dealing with businesses that operate without competition... Arrghh!

It could well be a tough fight but I encourage you do engage them on this and to be persistant and tenacious with them on it. If enough of us do battle on these issues they may eventually change their bad behaviour.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
I had an identical situation happen with Nova Scotia Power Corp... coincidentally, also for $1,000 (but in 1978 dollars), and with one more wrinkle. I was living in one of the three units in the building. (There must be something magical about $1,000 receivables that makes a utility decide to get nasty.
style_emoticons
)
I could not get NSPC to back off, and ended up paying the bill. They were threatening to cut off my
power for non-payment, so discretion was the better part of valour.

If I had had a choice, NSPC would have permanently lost a client that day.

In another issue with Maritime Tel & Tel, I wrote the president of the company directly, to register my complaint about the service. It worked. My issue was resolved satisfactorily. I received a credit for future service. The best part was that MT&T was a monopoly at that time.

The moral is that is, if you find the right person to talk to, and put your position forward in a non-whining, but forceful manner, you may get satisfaction... even with a monopoly.

Top Bottom