Expansion of the 407 through Durham

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Aug 22, 2007
www.donrcampbell.com
Hi Dave,

That`s great news and a wonderful follow-up to our discussions on the REIN Field trip.

I recommend that if a person is investing in the Durham region that you follow this closely (get a map of the new approved route) as it can easily provide you and extra 15 - 20% increase in your property values (over and above what the rest of the region will do).

To get some details on the research behind transportation improvement impact take a look at the latest Report on the value increases predicted from the Edmonton Ring Road. Click on this link below:

Transportation Report

Thanks for the post Dave!

RobCadete

Registered
Nov 8, 2007
Don,

That`s interesting (I know you love transportation improvements) Does this work everywhere? I am a new member from Hamilton and have been looking in the East end by the new expressway. I must admit that the areas adjacent to the expressway leave something to be desired. Do you see these areas incresing 15 % above the rest of the neighborhood?

Also, now that this extension is complete, will this further increase value of the original section on the mountain?

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Aug 22, 2007
www.donrcampbell.com
Access is everything. You can extrapolate the research in the front of the Edmonton Report onto the regions in Hamilton now having better transportation access. You will see similar results that the report outlines from the Anthony Henday Ring Road.

Look at areas near the exits, but not too near the main artery.