Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fees to attend Toronto REIN Meeting

BenSanderson

Registered
Hey everyone,

I`ve gathered some conflicting information regarding my eligibility to attend the upcoming REIN meeting in Toronto, June 2nd.

It`s been suggested that there may be a one-time-only "try it out" fee of $200 if I`m not a member but considering a membership. If this is the case, and I want to bring my wife, will it be $400 or are there any discounts? Could I bring two people?

If this is not the case, would we both have to be REIN members to attend our first meeting? Is her membership discounted?

I don`t doubt this info might be floating around here somewhere (I believe I saw it once, but of course didn`t make note of it), but haven`t been able to find it again. It`s easy to get overwhelmed with the tons of other information being offered.

Any help with confirming the details, one way or the other, would be greatly appreciated!

Ben

L

lanedry77

Hi Ben,

Your best source of info would be to call the REIN office directly - it won`t get any more direct and accurate than that!

888-824-7346 is the office number. Try them Monday.

David.

BenSanderson

Registered
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ May 22 2009, 10:45 PM) Hi Ben,

Your best source of info would be to call the REIN office directly - it won`t get any more direct and accurate than that!

888-824-7346 is the office number. Try them Monday.

David.

Thanks David,

Of course, this was my first thought, but unfortunately this thought occurred to me tonight, well past Alberta business hours. I figured I`d put some feelers out in the off chance someone in the forums might know off hand.

I`ll give them a call Monday, thanks!

Ben

JohnS

Registered
QUOTE (BenSanderson @ May 22 2009, 08:28 PM) Hey everyone,

I`ve gathered some conflicting information regarding my eligibility to attend the upcoming REIN meeting in Toronto, June 2nd.

It`s been suggested that there may be a one-time-only "try it out" fee of $200 if I`m not a member but considering a membership. If this is the case, and I want to bring my wife, will it be $400 or are there any discounts? Could I bring two people?

If this is not the case, would we both have to be REIN members to attend our first meeting? Is her membership discounted?

I don`t doubt this info might be floating around here somewhere (I believe I saw it once, but of course didn`t make note of it), but haven`t been able to find it again. It`s easy to get overwhelmed with the tons of other information being offered.

Any help with confirming the details, one way or the other, would be greatly appreciated!

Ben

I`m fairly certain that the way it works (or at least, the way it used to work) is designed to stop the tirekickers from just coming and wasting people`s time. So, they make people sign up to be a member before they come, and being a member entails a 17-month commitment. However, you get one meeting to decide if it`s for you or not, so if after one meeting you decide that it isn`t, they either refund the money or, more likely, stop payment on your credit card. So, in essence you can get one meeting for free, but it`s coming from a totally different mindset.

Of course, I could be wrong on this, as I`m trying to remember back a while, so naturally give them a call to doublecheck.

Have a good one!

JohnS

LillianHo

Registered
Hi Ben,

For my experience in BC is like this:
If you are not member and would like to attend the meeting, you need to give them a call first to fill out a form, and you pay $200 per person at the door. After the meeting, if you decided to join, then they will use that $200 for the first month membership payment. If you don`t want to join, you won`t get refund. If you and your wife both want to join membership, there are associate membership that cost $100 per month (50% off). That`s mean you as a primary member pay full price and your wife will pay half price. Every primary member can allow to have two associate members. If primary member(you) cancel your membership(after 18 months), then your associate member will pay full price. Hope it helps.

Lillian

R

RussellWestcott

Hey Ben, I was just typing you out a response, and I then noticed that you are now a REIN™ member
Congratulations for taking actions and surrounding yourself with like-minded people. Make sure you are out this month and network with the Ontario REIN™ members (Ontario members make sure you take the time to meet Ben this month at the workshop).

For the benefit of people that may want to attend this month`s meeting, I was just speaking with the event planning team and there is room for 4 guests to attend this month

Lillian & John did a great job of explaining the REIN™ member guest policy.

Our number one priority is to provide top notch Real Estate research and education to members of REIN™ and some meetings there are extra spaces available for people to attend as guests... this coming month is one of them.

If you would like to to read all the details of the guest policy
and attend this months meeting... Click Here

We are just in the process of finishing off the agenda for the next meeting ... it is going to be another timely event... if you would like to read all the details of the agenda for this month... Click Here (including watching a short video preview of the meeting)

Look forward to seeing everyone at the upcoming meetings

BenSanderson

Registered
QUOTE (RussellWestcott @ May 27 2009, 04:25 PM) Hey Ben, I was just typing you out a response, and I then noticed that you are now a REIN™ member
Congratulations for taking actions and surrounding yourself with like-minded people. Make sure you are out this month and network with the Ontario REIN™ members (Ontario members make sure you take the time to meet Ben this month at the workshop).

For the benefit of people that may want to attend this month`s meeting, I was just speaking with the event planning team and there is room for 4 guests to attend this month

Lillian & John did a great job of explaining the REIN™ member guest policy.

Our number one priority is to provide top notch Real Estate research and education to members of REIN™ and some meetings there are extra spaces available for people to attend as guests... this coming month is one of them.

If you would like to to read all the details of the guest policy
and attend this months meeting... Click Here

We are just in the process of finishing off the agenda for the next meeting ... it is going to be another timely event... if you would like to read all the details of the agenda for this month... Click Here (including watching a short video preview of the meeting)

Look forward to seeing everyone at the upcoming meetings

Hi Russell,

Thanks so much for the enthusiastic welcome (I seem to be getting a lot of that when speaking to REIN members)!

Yes, I`m glad to say I bit the bullet and signed up! I think I had sat on the fence long enough - I had done my due diligence on REIN and decided the opportunity wasn`t going to get any better with me waiting. Don Campbell`s words were playing in my mind over and over: "You must change your actions to change your results".

So I took action.

I hope to meet many other action-takers at Tuesday`s workshop and learn as much as I can. Hopefully I`ll have a chance to introduce myself personally if I catch either you or Don after the presentations.

Here`s looking forward to what is sure to be a life-changing night!

Ben

P.S. Can you tell I`m a tad excited?

Top Bottom