Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Find realtor for investments in Calgary - REIN system oriented

mybigcanada

REIN Member
Hi,

I am planning to buy 5 to 6 real estate investments for the next year and I need a good REALTOR (oriented to the REIN system) that can help me get my goal. I am looking for rental properties that could offer this conditions:

• Purchase Price $: 240,000.00
  • Monthly rent $: 2,000.00

The characteristics could be:

1 1/2 Ba
    1 or 2 Br

Other characteristics are extra. What is important for me is that they offer that rentability (as suggested by Don Campbell in "Real Estate Investing in Canada" book).

The type of investments is oriented to starting families or people working close to DownTown Calgary. What I am looking for is that the residence could be close to the LRT or close to downtown.

Please, if you know about some REALTOR with this characteristics, I would appreciate the information.

Tony Munoz

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Miranda Pearson of Sotheby's is excellent. (403) 988-6699

mybigcanada

REIN Member
Thank you Sherilynn.

Do you know if Miranda has investments of her own on real estates?

Best regards.

moparcanuck

Registered
I believe you may wish to do a little research on the Calgary market before engaging a realtor. That rent to purchase ratio seems a little rich. Rents have not really kept up with the property prices in Calgary as of yet. Even in outlying cities, that would be a little tough (Heck, I'm not sure of too many places in Alberta at all for that ratio, because that would be pretty darn good)

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
[quote user=mybigcanada]

Do you know if Miranda has investments of her own on real estates?

I'm fairly certain that she does.

mybigcanada

REIN Member
Hi Adam.

Thanks for your response. I am just following the ACRE system and based on the book of "Real Estate Investing in Canada" that is the kind of proportion that one has to find.

The Cash Flow Zone must be over 10% to be sure of the investment (Cash Flow Zone = Purchase Price / Gross Annual Rent).

I am not in a hurry, but I just want to find the Realtor that can deal with this kind of proportion. I have been making research in the Alberta market (an particularly Calgary) and I know that it is difficult... but... as I know this is the way the game is.

Thank you.

vnwind

Registered
I think 10% for cashflow is tough in calgary market but you may find one. I am wondering what everyone think would be a reasonable rate for Calgary to filter out properties?

Top Bottom