Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finding Tenants on the Internet

brentdavies

Registered
Hi Edmonton Investors

I`m sure I`m not the only one finding the Edmonton market slow. What websites are you using to advertise your rentals and which ones do you think are working today?

Here are a few I`ve tried:

1. RentEdmonton
2. RentFaster
3. GottaRent
4. ViewIt
5. RentBoard
6. Kijiji
7. Craigslist
8. Hometrader
9. EdmontonSun.ca

Here is a few more that appear when Googling "homes for rent in Edmonton" (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=homes+for+rent+in+Edmonton)

1. Easy Rent
2. Renting Spaces
3. Rentexhomes.com
4. Canadian Residential Rentals
5. Alberta Rent
6. Homerent.ca
7. Rentcharlie.com
8. GSC rentals
9. Pronto.com
10. Pure Local.com

REGirl

Registered
Hi Brent:

We recently placed a new tenant in our SFH in west Edmonton. We posted ads on Rentfaster, Rent Edmonton, Rent Board and Kijjij. We had lots of calls and had the house rented without a vacacy period.

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (REGirl @ Apr 5 2009, 01:47 PM) Hi Brent:

We recently placed a new tenant in our SFH in west Edmonton. We posted ads on Rentfaster, Rent Edmonton, Rent Board and Kijjij. We had lots of calls and had the house rented without a vacacy period.

Any idea on which ads gave which calls/emails?

NeilUttamsingh

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Apr 5 2009, 07:40 PM) Any idea on which ads gave which calls/emails?

Hi Guys,

I am not in Edmonton.
However, for Ontario, I am finding the greatest response rate through kijiji.ca.
Viewit.ca and gottarent have not been that great for me personally.
I am also finding that craigslist is promising as well.

Regards,
Neil.

NorthernAlex

Registered
Up here in the north we dont have many possibilities. Newspaper or kijiji.

Kijiji works great for us. Also mouth to mouth referrals.

zimnicki

Registered
I just rented out my second place, in wpg, and to be honest the only thing i used was kijiji! it was quick and easy, and had them in, 2 weeks after i put the ad up! Probably going to do the same thing when we get our 3rd place in a few weeks!

JimWhitelaw

Registered
We have used the following online ad services:

- Rentboard.ca
- Rentfaster.ca
- Rentingspaces.ca
- Rentedmonton.com
- Craigslist
- Kijiji

By far, we`ve got the most responses from Rentboard and Kijiji. Rentboard responses tend to be a bit higher quality, seems like Kijiji folks don`t read too carefully and ask dumb questions that are clearly listed in the ad. We also found that when both email and telphone contacts are listed, Kijiji respondents are much more likely to email, Rentboard respondents are more likely to call.

Top Bottom