Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

First time investor help

Canal145

Registered
Hello fellow investors. I have came to Canada in 2005 to play professionally for the Stampeders now that my career is over I have always wanted to invest in Real Estate seriously now that I have the time and have a beautiful family I think it is time to get the ball rolling. Is there any Real Estate Investors in Calgary willing to take a motivated hard working intelligent professional under his or her wing and teach him how Real Estate investing works. If there is anyone out their can you HELP. Thank you very much.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Terrence
There`s an organization called REIN that can help you.
Maybe you should join it instead of posting...

Canal145

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Nov 28 2009, 02:07 PM) Hi Terrence
Hello Adam

Yes I will definitely be joining REIN. The thing is as an American I had to apply for Permanent Residence and I have not received it as yet. So I am unable to do a lot of things that I want to do. I was just trying to gain more on hand knowledge as I have read about twenty books on Real Estate Investing while I wait for my PR. But when that does go through which should be in a couple of months the first thing I will be doing is joining Rein and purchase property.

Thank you very much for the information though. I am so motivated any info or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write back.

Canal145

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Nov 28 2009, 02:07 PM) Hi Terrence
Hello Adam

Yes I will definitely be joining REIN. The thing is as an American I had to apply for Permanent Residence and I have not received it as yet. So I am unable to do a lot of things that I want to do. I was just trying to gain more on hand knowledge as I have read about twenty books on Real Estate Investing while I wait for my PR. But when that does go through which should be in a couple of months the first thing I will be doing is joining Rein and purchase property.

Thank you very much for the information though. I am so motivated any info or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to write back.

christineruptash

Registered
Hi Terrence,

Glad to hear you have begun the journey of becoming a real estate investor. I hope you are able to join REIN, it has been by far the best decision I have made on my journey. You will find that the members are very generous in spirit with sharing their knowledge and experiences. I am sure that when you attend a monthly meeting or an ACRE weekend you will be able to meet a number of people to network with.

As for reading…have you read Don`s book "Real Estate Investing In Canada – Creating Weath With The Acre System " . If not - it is a must read!

Canal145

Registered
QUOTE (christineruptash @ Nov 28 2009, 07:20 PM) Hi Terrence,

Glad to hear you have begun the journey of becoming a real estate investor. I hope you are able to join REIN, it has been by far the best decision I have made on my journey. You will find that the members are very generous in spirit with sharing their knowledge and experiences. I am sure that when you attend a monthly meeting or an ACRE weekend you will be able to meet a number of people to network with.

As for reading…have you read Don`s book "Real Estate Investing In Canada – Creating Weath With The Acre System " . If not - it is a must read!

Hello Christine

Thank you very much for the support and information. Yes I have read Dons book and I intend to read it a few more times before i make the actual jump into real estate. I appreciate the reply.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Terrence

You can`t join REIN unless your a Canadian citizen? Are you sure about that? If so try phoning the office and see if you can pay to go to a meeting as a one off?

You might also want to try a community college course in your area (or distance education) about a specific area of interest to you (property management? provincial landlord and tenant legislation? assessment process ? )

windsorlancer

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Nov 29 2009, 12:06 PM) Hi Terrence

You can`t join REIN unless your a Canadian citizen? Are you sure about that? If so try phoning the office and see if you can pay to go to a meeting as a one off?

You might also want to try a community college course in your area (or distance education) about a specific area of interest to you (property management? provincial landlord and tenant legislation? assessment process ? )

Perhaps he doesn`t want to join when his residency status is uncertain. Doesn`t make sense to dish out all that money, only to be punted out of the country.

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (Canal145 @ Nov 28 2009, 01:03 PM) Is there any Real Estate Investors in Calgary willing to take a motivated hard working intelligent professional under his or her wing and teach him how Real Estate investing works. If there is anyone out their can you HELP. Thank you very much.

Hi Terrance,

I`m based out of Edmonton, but you should be able to find someone. If nothing else, come to a meeting with another member as a guest and you`ll have a good chance of finding someone there. I believe there`s also a course coming up in Edmonton this March (click here).

Canal145

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Nov 30 2009, 02:50 AM) Hi Terrance,

I`m based out of Edmonton, but you should be able to find someone. If nothing else, come to a meeting with another member as a guest and you`ll have a good chance of finding someone there. I believe there`s also a course coming up in Edmonton this March (click here).
Hello Chris,

I was just wondering what meeting were you talking about attending, and also which course is coming up in Edmonton? I really appreciate the information and the feedback. I need al the help before i make my initial jump into real estate investing.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (Canal145 @ Nov 28 2009, 02:03 PM) Hello fellow investors. I have came to Canada in 2005 to play professionally for the Stampeders now that my career is over I have always wanted to invest in Real Estate seriously now that I have the time and have a beautiful family I think it is time to get the ball rolling. Is there any Real Estate Investors in Calgary willing to take a motivated hard working intelligent professional under his or her wing and teach him how Real Estate investing works. If there is anyone out their can you HELP. Thank you very much.
let`s chat .. maybe next week in Canmore ?

Do you know my good friend Paul Prochnau who used to the be the Christian Chaplain to the Stampeders ?

Canal145

Registered
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Nov 30 2009, 08:48 AM) let`s chat .. maybe next week in Canmore ?

Do you know my good friend Paul Prochnau who used to the be the Christian Chaplain to the Stampeders ?

Good-afternoon Mr. Beyer

As a matter of fact I am familiar with Paul, when I came to Calgary in 2005 he was in the transition of leaving the team, but he did stop in occasionally to check up on the players. Very nice guy. I would love meet with you in Canmore to chat. Whenever you are free just let me know and I will definitley meet with you. Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to meet with me. I really appreciate all the help that I can get.

Top Bottom