Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Flood Control

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
The quite frequent message "flood control": is very annoying ..

some comments edited out .. as I understand now !

MonteDobson

Registered
Hi Thomas,

I`ve never had this message...can you tell me more. Is it when you are logging on? Or posting messages??

RedlineBrett

Registered
When you try and make two posts within 60 seconds of each other it won`t let you - citing `flood control prevention`.

QUOTE (C2Ventures @ Mar 29 2008, 03:18 PM) Hi Thomas,

I`ve never had this message...can you tell me more. Is it when you are logging on? Or posting messages??

Grant

Registered
Hi all,

I`d like to clarify what the flood control is all about.

The flood control time was increased because too many people were double-posting (clicking the button twice in a row).

It has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the server. It`s an internal setting.

I`ve decreased the time to 10 seconds for posting.

There`s also a flood control for searching. It was at 5 seconds before. I`ve put it down to 1 second for REIN members, again so someone can`t spam the button, but short enough that it shouldn`t make a difference.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (Grant @ Mar 29 2008, 09:18 PM) Hi all,

I`d like to clarify what the flood control is all about.

The flood control time was increased because too many people were double-posting (clicking the button twice in a row).

It has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the server. It`s an internal setting.

I`ve decreased the time to 10 seconds for posting.

There`s also a flood control for searching. It was at 5 seconds before. I`ve put it down to 1 second for REIN members, again so someone can`t spam the button, but short enough that it shouldn`t make a difference.

Thanks Grant .. now I understand and edited my comments accordingly (see initial post) !!

and I thought I am a S L O W typer .... still use 2 fingers only !

Grant

Registered
No problem! I`m glad it makes sense now.

For a slow typer, you have a lot of posts. 5th overall! Keep up the good work.
style_emoticons

joeiannuzzi

Registered
Thank you so very much Grant!!! I can actually post more news articles in less time.

Top Bottom