Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Florida Foreclosures Seminar

JBagorio

Registered
Hi all I came across this company called Create Capital Management Inc...Seems to be based in AB that is offering seminars about Florida Foreclosures. Does anyone heard of this company. Please share you ideas or experienced about this company. Thanks in advance!

Rickson9

Registered
QUOTE (JNB @ Nov 28 2010, 11:35 AM) Hi all I came across this company called Create Capital Management Inc...Seems to be based in AB that is offering seminars about Florida Foreclosures. Does anyone heard of this company. Please share you ideas or experienced about this company. Thanks in advance!

Floridahomefinders.ca is doing the same thing in Toronto. These companies are just middlemen; offering peace of mind in exchange for a price. Any motivated individual can do what they offer. Those less motivated may benefit.

JBagorio

Registered
QUOTE (Rickson9 @ Nov 28 2010, 11:23 AM) Floridahomefinders.ca is doing the same thing in Toronto. These companies are just middlemen; offering peace of mind in exchange for a price. Any motivated individual can do what they offer. Those less motivated may benefit.

Thanks Rickson9 for the info. A friend invited me to one of their seminar. I am just curious about Florida particularly Orlando. I had the feeling it is what you said it is. I read one of your posts about Phoenix. I would say very impressive what you have done! I have been researching in and around that area in the past 2 years as well. If I may ask…what brings you to AZ vs. FL or other areas for that matter? Do you see your self buying somewhere in FL?

Rickson9

Registered
QUOTE (JNB @ Nov 28 2010, 10:39 PM) Thanks Rickson9 for the info. A friend invited me to one of their seminar. I am just curious about Florida particularly Orlando. I had the feeling it is what you said it is. I read one of your posts about Phoenix. I would say very impressive what you have done! I have been researching in and around that area in the past 2 years as well. If I may ask…what brings you to AZ vs. FL or other areas for that matter? Do you see your self buying somewhere in FL?

I like Phoenix v. Florida for personal reasons. First, I don`t need to set up a cross border trust in order to avoid probate. In Phoenix title can be held as community property with rights of survivorship. Second, insurance is less costly since there is no need for hurricane/disaster insurance. Third, it was far easier to research up-to-date property and violent crime stats on each zip online.

JBagorio

Registered
QUOTE (Rickson9 @ Nov 28 2010, 08:54 PM) ...title can be held as community property with rights of survivorship.
Sorry I am not sure what you mean by this...could you please elaborate?

I my self is also leaning towards Phoenix (particularly Scottsdale, Peoria, Anthem, Surprise...). I also like how the City works and how easy it is to get information including the subscription to PSI (Planning Statistics & Information): http://phoenix.gov/PLANNING/resnews.html

sdholakia

Registered
Hi Rickson,

In order to purchase property in the U.S. I believe it is better to set up a Canadian company that then sets up companies in the U.S. gets :LOC through these companies, as an entity. This results in 15% taxation as a business. I have also been given to understand that it cost around $8,000 USD to set up this corporation in the U.S. Any light/lawyers in Arizona that would help set this up, would be great! Thanks.

Rickson9

Registered
QUOTE (JNB @ Nov 28 2010, 11:27 PM) Sorry I am not sure what you mean by this...could you please elaborate?

I my self is also leaning towards Phoenix (particularly Scottsdale, Peoria, Anthem, Surprise...). I also like how the City works and how easy it is to get information including the subscription to PSI (Planning Statistics & Information): http://phoenix.gov/PLANNING/resnews.html

Setting up a cross border trust (Florida) or holding title as community property with rights of survivorship (Arizona) are just ways of avoiding probate taxes when passing title to your spouse upon your passing.

Rickson9

Registered
QUOTE (sdholakia @ Nov 29 2010, 10:44 AM) Hi Rickson,

In order to purchase property in the U.S. I believe it is better to set up a Canadian company that then sets up companies in the U.S. gets :LOC through these companies, as an entity. This results in 15% taxation as a business. I have also been given to understand that it cost around $8,000 USD to set up this corporation in the U.S. Any light/lawyers in Arizona that would help set this up, would be great! Thanks.

I am not holding property as a corp so unfortunately I can`t help you there. Best regards.

sdholakia

Registered
Hi Rick, Are you holding the investment in the US as an individual investment? Won`t the taxes be high? Won`t there be both Cdn/American taxes? Thanks.

Rickson9

Registered
QUOTE (sdholakia @ Nov 29 2010, 06:49 PM) Hi Rick, Are you holding the investment in the US as an individual investment? Won`t the taxes be high? Won`t there be both Cdn/American taxes? Thanks.

As far as I understand, the primary benefit of a corporation isn`t saving money on taxes outlined by the U.S. Canada tax treaty.

You may find this link useful.
http://www.grasmick.com/snowbird.htm

Best regards.

CalvinPeters

Registered
Hi Jason, I have bought and sold a "shortsale" home in Floria, we are just about at the end of the first one actually...you are welcome to call me to discuss our experiences if you would like.

Top Bottom