Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fluorescent orange business cards

JessHunt

Registered
Ron is adamant that not only are fluorescent orange cards most effective, but that they must be the correct shade of fluorescent orange and raised on one side. Has anyone found a source in Canada that provides the ones he recommends?

Thanks, Jess

tonypeters

Registered
Jess,

You will not find any card stock that is manufactured in the exact colour you want. All you need to do is tell your printer what you are looking for and they will provide you with (ink) samples. Once you select your colour they will order the ink. The printing is a "two step" process. The flourescent orange is flooded onto the card stock first, with the black being overlayed. It`s really that simple!

QUOTE (JessHunt @ Nov 18 2009, 08:20 PM) Ron is adamant that not only are fluorescent orange cards most effective, but that they must be the correct shade of fluorescent orange and raised on one side. Has anyone found a source in Canada that provides the ones he recommends?

Thanks, Jess

Jeffrey2144

New Forum Member
Registered
QUOTE (JessHunt @ Nov 18 2009, 10:20 PM) Ron is adamant that not only are fluorescent orange cards most effective, but that they must be the correct shade of fluorescent orange and raised on one side. Has anyone found a source in Canada that provides the ones he recommends?

Thanks, Jess

Hi Jess,

The best I have found (so far) is the supplier suggested by Ron... http://www.planitpromo.com/Custom.cfm?. They are still the cheapest at $128 for 1,000 cards plus shipping.

Another option is RaisedConnection.com. Unfortunately the are not Canadian but they do have fluorescent orange paper and they print the black over that making it a 1-colour job. The cost of producing a raised print (1 side only) business card on fluorescent mango paper is as follows:

1000 cards = $147.00 + $28.25 for international shipping (to Canada).

I`m thinking of sticking with PlanItPromo.com as I am getting tired of stepping over the dollars to save a few dimes. I`d certainly feel better if I could deal with a local supplier though.

David? Wade?? Any thoughts of expanding your print line???

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (jvarcoe @ Nov 19 2009, 05:53 PM) David? Wade?? Any thoughts of expanding your print line???

Not a bloody chance!

David.

Jeffrey2144

New Forum Member
Registered
QUOTE (jvarcoe @ Nov 19 2009, 07:53 PM) The best I have found (so far) is the supplier suggested by Ron... http://www.planitpromo.com/Custom.cfm?. They are still the cheapest at $128 for 1,000 cards plus shipping.

Another option is RaisedConnection.com. Unfortunately the are not Canadian but they do have fluorescent orange paper and they print the black over that making it a 1-colour job. The cost of producing a raised print (1 side only) business card on fluorescent mango paper is as follows:

1000 cards = $147.00 + $28.25 for international shipping (to Canada).

I found a couple Canadian suppliers that will do the flourescent business cards with the themographed (raised) ink on the back.

For a quantity of 1,000 cards with one colour on the front and one colour on the back, pricing is as follows:
  • Pressmans-Hastings Printing (based in Caledonia, ON but can ship anywhere) = $155 CDN plus Shipping. Contact Randy or Marlene at
    905-765-4757 or [email protected]The UPS Store is $184 CDN and you should be able to pick them up at your local store.
You can order quantities of 500 but the cost is only $20-$30 less so you`re best to get the 1,000 and find some creative ways to "get rid" of these cards.

SIDE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list by any means but I was really surprised at the number of on-line suppliers that cannot do the raised ink or florescent paper. I also called a number of local print shops and got some ridiculous quotes of +$300 for 1,000 cards. I guess my point is that I invested a lot of time to find this short list so don`t interpret it as meaningless.

WJW

Registered
I just got a quote from a printer in Cambridge, ON for the flourescent fold over cards with black ink.

If we can get 20 ppl at 1000 cards each the cost would be $90.11 taxes included/person.

The cards would have the same information on them but different names and phone numbers.

If you`re interested let me know on this forum or pm me.

thanks

walter

Jeffrey2144

New Forum Member
Registered
QUOTE (WJW @ Nov 25 2009, 01:22 PM) If we can get 20 ppl at 1000 cards each the cost would be $90.11 taxes included/person.
If you`re interested let me know on this forum or pm me.

Hi Walter,

I`d be interested if we can get enough people together in the next week or two. I am in the process of finalizing my domain name for my new website and want to go to print shortly thereafter.

To be honest, the $90 is a great price but the savings may not be worth the effort of trying to collaborate 20 Ron LeGrand students. I`d be curious to see who else is interested though....

WJW

Registered
QUOTE (jvarcoe @ Nov 25 2009, 03:23 PM) Hi Walter,

I`d be interested if we can get enough people together in the next week or two. I am in the process of finalizing my domain name for my new website and want to go to print shortly thereafter.

To be honest, the $90 is a great price but the savings may not be worth the effort of trying to collaborate 20 Ron LeGrand students. I`d be curious to see who else is interested though....

Your probably right Jeff. I would like to get started on this soon too. I`ll keep this offer up for the next 7 days and will go to print early the following week. So if ppl are interested they should contact me asap.

As of now I have 5 ppl interested. Just need another 15 to make this a go!

Also I have a pdf copy of the business card layout. Can someone let me know how i can post it on here? Thanks.

housingrental

Registered
I`m not interested in getting cards made but curious as to what these fluorescent cards look like... If anyone has one or gets one made please give me one in person at the next rein meeting or let me know if you can mail me one...

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (WJW @ Nov 25 2009, 03:59 PM) Your probably right Jeff. I would like to get started on this soon too. I`ll keep this offer up for the next 7 days and will go to print early the following week. So if ppl are interested they should contact me asap.

As of now I have 5 ppl interested. Just need another 15 to make this a go!

Also I have a pdf copy of the business card layout. Can someone let me know how i can post it on here? Thanks.

Do these cards have the raised lettering?

WJW

Registered
QUOTE (JohnSoucie @ Nov 26 2009, 03:32 PM) Do these cards have the raised lettering?

There is no raised lettering on these cards.

Top Bottom