Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Forum Flood Control

ChrisDavies

Registered
Hi Guys,

I`m getting a flood control warning every time I try to search, view new posts, or follow proflile links. Still happens if I restart my browser.

Is it me? Might you being attacked, or having another problem?

Chris

Grant

Registered
I haven`t heard of anyone else having this issue. The flood control only applies to searching and posting, and the time limit is 1 second for searching and 10 seconds for posting.

I would suggest logging out and logging back in again. Closing your browser won`t necessarily log you out.

If anyone else is having issues, please let us know in this topic.

Cheers!

C

CorinneWestcott

I was having problems with this yesterday as well when clicking on "View New Posts".
Seems to be ok now though.

Corinne

Bill

Registered
QUOTE (RebeccaBryan @ Jun 4 2008, 01:23 PM) I had the problem yesterday too Grant.

Me as well, only under viewing new posts though, if I looked at each section I could check posts. All seems fine today.

L

lanedry77

Grant,

I too was having this problem last night, but everything is now working again.

I emailed Ethan about it, since he was active online and you were not. I figured he would be able to resolve it quickly - and apparently he did.

Thanks guys,

David.

HeatherBrandt

Registered
QUOTE (Bill @ Jun 4 2008, 01:46 PM) Me as well, only under viewing new posts though, if I looked at each section I could check posts. All seems fine today.

Same with me. I thought it was because there was a record number of people on the site!

ChrisDavies

Registered
I was worried for the site because I`ve seen that same thing happen before. It`s one of teh first symptoms of a denial-of-service attack!

Grant

Registered
That`s strange that there would have been so many people online yesterday. Usually that only happens after we send out an email to a large number of people. We didn`t change any settings one way or the other. The two events (many people online and flood control) would appear to be linked. I`ll take a look into it.

Top Bottom