Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Furnaces - Direct energy free service and results

Darlene

Registered
If you don`t already know, Direct Energy offers a service once per year where they will come out to residences and inspect all gas run appliances, furnace, hot water heaters, etc. I booked them sometime ago and they are going through all of our houses. It is a very comprehensive and detailed exam - John met the rep from Direct energy on Sunday morning (they give a time line between certain hours) and this home was between 7:30 am - 10 am. I was impressed that they work seven days a week and start that early on the weekends. They leave a report with the tenants, then it is the owner`s responsibility to get the

Only one of our houses so far has a problem with the furnace and we need to have it replaced. Does anyone have a good referral for a furnace installer in Edmonton?? I have listened to Shel Bussey on the radio and he suggests the Furnace Company. I have also had Arpi`s in Calgary do work for us. I checked the referral list that I printed out from the REIN website a few months ago, and couldn`t find anyone on it.

Thanks in advance for your references!!

Darlene Blackett

mortgageman

Registered
Hi Darlene,
We had a furnace and large hot water tank installed last winter by Weathermakers in Edmonton.
780-436-1846. They did a good job. They showed up on time. Got it installed in short order. Cleaned up. And took quite a while to send the invoice.
style_emoticons

Good luck

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Thanks Darlene,

The perfect time of the year to get all of those appliances in our rental properties inspected and confirmed as safe.

Darlene

Registered
Thank you Jason! I will give them a call and get an estimate. The Furnace company quoted $4,000 for a new two stage furnace, a flow through humidifier and drilling thru the concrete basement to vent the new furnace. I would think that`s pretty normal pricing.......

I will let the forum know the outcome once we get another estimate or two.

Cheers, Darlene

Top Bottom