Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Garden plants (Toronto area)

Anonymous

Registered
Hello everyone,

I let my dogs out today in the garden and for some reason, they decided to, within about 2 hours, play and destroy all of my garden plants. They look like they had fun but, the garden is totaled.

Instead of buying new, I know that many people are renovating gardens, moving / removing plant materials, and I thought that instead of throwing it out, why not give it to a new home.

What I am looking for is someone who renovating a rental unit, flip, or their own gardens and is removing bushes, annuals, bulbs, etc.

I will be fencing off the dog`s favorite play area so this won`t happen again so your donation will be well taken care of.

I am willing to come anywhere in the GTA from Hamilton to Oshawa. I will trade some Real Estate tips.

Thanks so much,
Mark

2HoundsHomeStaging

Registered
Hi Mark,

What type of garden plants are you looking for?

I may have some I can provide. I have some that need dividing, but no place to plant them. I`m also thinking about re-doing the front of the house next spring...so I might be able to give you a number of plants and shrubs in the spring.

I can always email you a picture (although the garden looks pretty rough right now...we were away for the month of August).

We are in Courtice.

AndrewHanson

Registered
QUOTE (MarkGarrett @ Sep 1 2007, 09:03 AM) Hello everyone,
I let my dogs out today in the garden and for some reason, they decided to, within about 2 hours, play and destroy all of my garden plants. They look like they had fun but, the garden is totaled.

Instead of buying new, I know that many people are renovating gardens, moving / removing plant materials, and I thought that instead of throwing it out, why not give it to a new home.

What I am looking for is someone who renovating a rental unit, flip, or their own gardens and is removing bushes, annuals, bulbs, etc.

I will be fencing off the dog`s favorite play area so this won`t happen again so your donation will be well taken care of.

I am willing to come anywhere in the GTA from Hamilton to Oshawa. I will trade some Real Estate tips.

Thanks so much,
Mark

Hi Mark

I work at the Sheridan Nurseries head office in Georgetown Ontario. There is an upcoming Farm sale that is open to the public on the 29[sup]th and 30[sup]th[/sup] of this month (10th[/sup] Line, Georgetown). This is a "seconds" sale of product that will not be over wintered, so although the plants aren`t free, you`ll be getting them at a blowout price.

Might be an option??

thanks

Andrew Hanson

Key Account Manager

Sheridan Nurseries

1-888-676-2020

www.sheridannurseries.com

trudijohnston

Registered
QUOTE (2HoundsHomeStaging @ Sep 13 2007, 10:01 AM)
Hi Mark,

I may have some I can provide. I have some that need dividing, but no place to plant them. I'm also thinking about re-doing the front of the house next spring...so I might be able to give you a number of plants and shrubs in the spring.

I can always email you a picture (although the garden looks pretty rough right now...we were away for the month of August).

We are in Courtice.

trudijohnston

Registered
From Trudi Johnston

Hi Mark, I have some plants, but no bushes. I have the following perrenials available for splitting-lavendar, day lillies, bee- balm, russian sage, coneflowers, baby`s breath. In exchange for a large Tim Horton coffee with cream only. Have a great day!!!!!!

mthorn

Registered
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about your garden.

Most Garderners alsways have stuff for splitting - most of my plants have come form other gardens!

Unfortunatly I can not give you any rght now as I just moved and although I brought a lot of plants with me, they were just small pieces.

I do know of a location in Barrie that I call the "secret garden" It is an older couple who garden on about 2 acres of land. Their gardens are unbeleivable and they sell plants for amazing prices - hostas that would be 10-30 becasue of their size for 5.00 you just bring your grocery store bags. You have to make sure you have your garden plot ready so that as soon as you get home you can plant them right away.
let me knwo if u are interested ad i will send you directions

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (mthorn @ Sep 24 2007, 05:12 AM)
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about your garden.

Most Garderners alsways have stuff for splitting - most of my plants have come form other gardens!

Unfortunatly I can not give you any rght now as I just moved and although I brought a lot of plants with me, they were just small pieces.

I do know of a location in Barrie that I call the "secret garden" It is an older couple who garden on about 2 acres of land. Their gardens are unbeleivable and they sell plants for amazing prices - hostas that would be 10-30 becasue of their size for 5.00 you just bring your grocery store bags. You have to make sure you have your garden plot ready so that as soon as you get home you can plant them right away.

let me knwo if u are interested ad i will send you directions

thanks I would love the directions...

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (2HoundsHomeStaging @ Sep 13 2007, 01:01 PM)
Hi Mark,

I may have some I can provide. I have some that need dividing, but no place to plant them. I'm also thinking about re-doing the front of the house next spring...so I might be able to give you a number of plants and shrubs in the spring.

We are in Courtice.

Thanks so much, I would love to hook up when do you think we could get together for this?

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (ajhanson @ Sep 15 2007, 12:11 PM)
Hi Mark

I work at the Sheridan Nurseries head office in Georgetown Ontario. There is an upcoming Farm sale that is open to the public on the 29[sup]th and 30[sup]th[/sup] of this month (10th[/sup] Line, Georgetown). This is a "seconds" sale of product that will not be over wintered, so although the plants aren't free, you'll be getting them at a blowout price.

[/font]

Might be an option??

thanks

[/size]

Andrew Hanson

Key Account Manager

Sheridan Nurseries

1-888-676-2020

www.sheridannurseries.com
thanks, thats a great idea... I will have to go to this...

Anonymous

Registered
QUOTE (trudijohnston @ Sep 22 2007, 11:34 AM) From Trudi Johnston

Hi Mark, I have some plants, but no bushes. I have the following perrenials available for splitting-lavendar, day lillies, bee- balm, russian sage, coneflowers, baby`s breath. In exchange for a large Tim Horton coffee with cream only. Have a great day!!!!!!

Sold!!!!!!!!!! when do you want to hook up?

shangb

Registered
Mark

I`m not moving or renovating, but I have extra perennials - they expand and grow after a while.

eg hostas, peonnies, phlox, sweet woodruffs, spirea, small lilacs (don`t know when/if they`ll bloom) - generally easy maintenance

any chance you could do the digging? I`ve got extra pots. If not, I could dig some up but I might not get to it right away.

I live in North TO.

Shang

trudijohnston

Registered
Trudi Johnston

Hi Mark,

I will give you a call on Monday, I am ready to split my garden. Looking forward to that cup of coffee!!!!

grhutchings

Registered
mthorn,

Im about 5 minutes outside of Barrie. Would you be so kind to email me the directions to the Secret Garden. We are looking to add a little curb appeal to our home before we sell, and we also wouldnt mind finding deals on plants and bushes for some of the properties we are currently looking at.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you.

George Hutchings
www.sellmeyourhomefast.com
Hutchings Investments
style_emoticons

Top Bottom