Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

general contractor

Sandy Fransham

Registered
QUOTE (piggy @ Sep 1 2008, 10:20 PM) I have a tenant in my house in calgary who has done lots of renovation work for me. I have found him to be very good in that he is honest , skilled, not expensive and does a excellent job ! He and his wife are the best tenants I could ask for.
If you need any work done, this is your guy. He can excavate with his bobcat as well.

His name is Morris and # is 403 880 8515.

Perhaps you could list some of the jobs that he has done to give us an idea of his skill set?

Thanks!

piggy

Registered
QUOTE (Sandy @ Sep 2 2008, 12:55 PM) Perhaps you could list some of the jobs that he has done to give us an idea of his skill set?

Thanks!
Sure. He did minor repairs around my house-installed a house vacuum, excavated the yard with his bobcat, trim work, etc. Built 2 pressure treated decks for me. Installed a exterior mounted commercial exhaust fan along with the ducting. He is a mason by trade and I had him mount a 100 LB plasma TV onto a concrete wall. He is currently installing a bathroom from scratch in my brothers house but that job is not done. I will update you when it is, and how it goes. I believe my brother is paying him $38/hour to do it. I know he has a 20000LBs of equipment (bobcat/buckets, etc) on a trailer he welded himself and drove all the way from Quebec to Calgary-he seems to know alot about everything, electrical, plumbing, construction. He did a $20000 landscaping job(tiered, sloped lot) for a co worker of mine, but I have not talked to her so I dont know how it went. I know that It was a difficult job and she had a hard time getting someone to do it.
I put this out there because he has gone above and beyond around my house.
Any more questions, just ask.

I

IanSzabo

Pay it forward, Nice to see Rein Members recommending fellow Contractors

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
Hi - is your brother`s bathroom far enough along to comment on drywall/mudding/taping job?

We are looking for someone with this skill set.

Thanks
Neill
Airdrie AB

piggy

Registered
QUOTE (neill @ Sep 7 2008, 06:13 PM) Hi - is your brother`s bathroom far enough along to comment on drywall/mudding/taping job?

We are looking for someone with this skill set.

Thanks
Neill
Airdrie AB

Update on work completed: Morris did a bathroom from scratch , and he did a very good job. My brother builds houses here in Calgary (The Building Firm), and he was happy enough with it to hire him for some work on their infills.
I have seen the bathroom myself, he did all drywall, tile, cabinets, plumbing, electrical, etc, and I believe it cost my brother around $2000 in labour. If you have something built from scratch, or repaired, this is your guy.

lucky me, this week , I will be helping Morris build me 2 12X8 storage sheds on my rental property, properly done, with vinyl siding, electrical , shingle roof, etc.
Hard to come by a fellow who can do everything for a reasonable price in Calgary. His number again, 403-880-8515

piggy

Registered
QUOTE (piggy @ Nov 15 2008, 11:20 AM) Update on work completed: Morris did a bathroom from scratch , and he did a very good job. My brother builds houses here in Calgary (The Building Firm), and he was happy enough with it to hire him for some work on their infills.
I have seen the bathroom myself, he did all drywall, tile, cabinets, plumbing, electrical, etc, and I believe it cost my brother around $2000 in labour. If you have something built from scratch, or repaired, this is your guy.

lucky me, this week , I will be helping Morris build me 2 12X8 storage sheds on my rental property, properly done, with vinyl siding, electrical , shingle roof, etc.
Hard to come by a fellow who can do everything for a reasonable price in Calgary. His number again, 403-880-8515

The drywall, tapping job was good. If you have a big taping job(like a whole house), then you will have to call him about that.

cheers

Top Bottom