Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Good carpet for reno

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
We bought a house that has a fourth bedroom in the basement. All it needs is paint and carpet. We know about Mushroom Basket for the paint, but does anyone have a good sturdy carpet to recommend? It`s just one bedroom, but it`s our first reno, so we want to find a carpet that we can use as a staple for future renos. Any suggestions?

jeremyfleming

Registered
QUOTE (Rascal @ Feb 3 2008, 04:03 PM) We bought a house that has a fourth bedroom in the basement. All it needs is paint and carpet. We know about Mushroom Basket for the paint, but does anyone have a good sturdy carpet to recommend? It`s just one bedroom, but it`s our first reno, so we want to find a carpet that we can use as a staple for future renos. Any suggestions?

Hey Rascal:
I have used Kangaback in the basement on a couple of recent projects. It uses a built in rubberized foam backing, so underlay is not required. It resists moisture (common in basements - even ones that don`t "leak"), and is a litlle easier/cheaper to install. You can get some at Home Depot for $1.39 per foot - which is extremely cheap. I used some from another store, because I wanted some a little darker as to not show up dirt/stains.

I can`t say this is the carpet for all purposes, but it has seemed to work well on concrete. After 6 months in a heavy traffic hallway it still looks like new.

I look forward to hearing some other feedback as well!

Cheers,
Jer

Top Bottom