Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Got My First Yes!

CarrieKoch

Registered
Well that batch of yellow letters had some prospects in there...so many I feel like I should jet down to Jacksonville this week to learn Seller Financing!

Anyway...I got a great lead on a free and clear home the owner wants to downsize. He`s an older guy and it`s a big house for him. So I asked the question: Can I pay you back in installments or do you need cash today? No, no you can take some time to pay me I don`t need the money. I think I have enough to move and purchase a new home.

Guess who screamed so loud when she got off the phone???? I am actually still shaking.

We are meeting tomorrow night. Not sure what I need to take or do but that`s why I have my mentor Steve.

Please send me good thoughts that I close one of these great deals as I`ve been working my butt off!

markbrad

Registered
Way to go! Great start, now the next step... negotiating! and then closing! AND THEN THE SHUT UP CHEQUE!!!!!! Keep it up, and let us know what happens!

Mark

CarrieKoch

Registered
Does anyone know what I need to take with me to get the deal done? I know things are a little sticky in Ontario still.

GaryMcGowan

Registered
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 30 2009, 10:42 PM) Does anyone know what I need to take with me to get the deal done? I know things are a little sticky in Ontario still.
You may get a different answer from others.
But may be instead of rushing some paper and not having the correct documents for tomorrow, Go and pitch him what it is you would like to do. And over the next couple of days get your lawyer to draft up what it is you agreed to.
You may be able to take a Letter of Intent that you both could sign.
You as the buyer agree to purchase the property for $X and the seller agrees to finance the purchase.

Wish you well and don`t forget to celebrate your victories!

cmattric

REIN Member
I know exactly what you feel, I had the same scream today myself. In fact 15 minutes ago. I had a yes from a lady who sells me her house for what she owes. I will write a intention letter. Explain the deal to her. She wants to see eveything in writing. As Ron says it is very easy to deal with real prospects. Man, how many no`s I got so far with almost 1200 letters. But one deal, pays eveything off. Oh, yeah

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 30 2009, 08:42 PM) Does anyone know what I need to take with me to get the deal done? I know things are a little sticky in Ontario still.

I`d take an Offer to Purchase contract and a financing schedule. Both should be clear enough for your seller to understand. Personally I like to get things on paper asap and a letter of intent is not a binding contract.

I`m not saying rush the seller and freak them out but come prepared to sign on the dotted line. Buying a house is a basic deal and you should always have a condition or two. You can get prepared quickly.

Good Luck

tonypeters

Registered
Congratulations Carrie!
I know you have not finalized the deal yet, but you have taken a HUGE step as you have now proven to yourself that these types of deals DO EXIST!

If you stick with the program
, there are a LOT more deals out there just like this one!

How do you think I know this?

QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 30 2009, 07:48 PM) Well that batch of yellow letters had some prospects in there...so many I feel like I should jet down to Jacksonville this week to learn Seller Financing!

Anyway...I got a great lead on a free and clear home the owner wants to downsize. He`s an older guy and it`s a big house for him. So I asked the question: Can I pay you back in installments or do you need cash today? No, no you can take some time to pay me I don`t need the money. I think I have enough to move and purchase a new home.

Guess who screamed so loud when she got off the phone???? I am actually still shaking.

We are meeting tomorrow night. Not sure what I need to take or do but that`s why I have my mentor Steve.

Please send me good thoughts that I close one of these great deals as I`ve been working my butt off!

Aneta

REIN Member
Carrie, a HUGE congratulations! You are an inspiration to us all, especially in ON!

CarrieKoch

Registered
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Dec 1 2009, 12:59 PM) Carrie, that`s great! Congratulations. Good luck for your next meeting.

Thanks everyone for your support! I said in Edmonton that I WANT to be on the stage in Ontario when Ron comes so I am working towards that
I am really, really good on the phone....right now I have a handful of prospects so I`m just figuring out to do with them and trying to return calls as quickly as I can.

Now onto the meeting...

WOW. He seriously knew his stuff. I think the more dollars you waller in the more you have to know your stuff. Anyone want to be my deal meeting guy??
LOL. Reminded me of the script from the Wolff`s stating that you`d never get these many questions. I kept trying to get him to tell me what he wanted and he kept telling me to tell him what I was offering. It was certainly a battle. He did say he won`t finance 100% to me as he wants me to have some skin in. He is currently financing 2 other homes so he is familiar with it. He asked how much down I`d put, how much interest I`d pay, how I was going to make money doing this. I think my cheeks got red hot. So I told him to let me know what the best he could accept was and get back to me. I think he really admires my husband and I for being so determined. He himself has made alot of money in real estate. And I guess if he doesn`t finance me his home on terms I can deal with I`ve definitely laid the groundwork for a terrific JV partner.

powerhouse

Registered
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 30 2009, 10:42 PM) Does anyone know what I need to take with me to get the deal done? I know things are a little sticky in Ontario still.

Does anyone know if James Quigley is going to present the Quick Turn Documents for Ontario at the Rein meeting on Dec. 3rd. Russell had indicated earlier that they were going to be ready by Nov. 24th & presented on Dec.3rd.

Waterfront

Registered
Hi Carrie:

Congratulations! You must be feeling so great! Well done.

A quick couple of questions. Can you pls let me know from where did you get your list to send your yellow letters and did you use PatLive? If not what did you use to screen your responses? I hope you don`t mind sharing?

Many thanks

Julie

CarrieKoch

Registered
Hey Julie,No problem! I did it just like Ron said. I used westlists out of Toronto area. Just got a postal code list 5000 names closest to my house. We are using Patlive ...thank goodness!! I couldn`t handle the flood of calls that come in. Seems like every 1/2 hour someone calls. Most people don`t leave enough information so I call everyone back that asks for a call. I figure its a good way to get my name and what I do out there. On the letters we get about 25-30% response rate. Out of 600 letters I have about 6 deals do work with.

Top Bottom