Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grande Prairie, Alberta

SamEfford

Registered
Thanks Jeremy, We started buying in GP this year and am more than happy with everyone I dealt with.

rnieb

Registered
Thanks for the links to those articles. Even though I have not as of yet bought any property I am presently working on a couple of deals in GP. I have met a few different realtors and spoken to a few more on the telephone but I am not 100% sure that I want to deal with any of them. Is there a realtor that either of you could recommend?
Thanks,
R Niebuhr

jeremyfleming

Registered
QUOTE (hazed @ Sep 30 2007, 02:49 PM) Hi Jeremy

I am a new member to REIN and looking at attending the Quickstart weekend in Edmonton next month. Have you done the homestudy course?

Hi Hazed,
Yes, I had been through the homestudy course when I joined REIN back in 2000, and I FINALLY attended "Quickstart Live" for the first time last year.

WOW! I was floored - as I mentioned on the members only forum - the live event last year drove me into action - and I was able to accomplish more in this past year than I did in the 5 years previous. The energy you pick up in the room, and the contacts you make while being there is not something you can get from the homestudy course. Because of Quickstart last year, I Joint Ventured this year with a REIN member on a great property that I would have not met otherwise..... and I also have worked with another attendee that has brought me numerous leads on properties I would of course never have known about.

If you are serious about getting involved as an investor, and you are still on the fence about this - you HAVE to be at this training! I`ll be there again this month as my "yearly refresher".

Hope to meet you there!

Cheers,
Jeremy

jeremyfleming

Registered
QUOTE (rnieb @ Sep 30 2007, 01:53 PM) Thanks for the links to those articles. Even though I have not as of yet bought any property I am presently working on a couple of deals in GP. I have met a few different realtors and spoken to a few more on the telephone but I am not 100% sure that I want to deal with any of them. Is there a realtor that either of you could recommend?
Thanks,
R Niebuhr

Hi R Niebuhr,
A realtor I have had some dealings with and has impressed me here in Grande Prairie is Jason Jubb. You can reach him on his cell at 780.518.6275.

He should be able to answer your questions and get your deals put together.

Hope that helps,
Jeremy

Ricardo

Registered
Thanks for the links to the local articles Jeremy.

We just purchased our first investment property in GP, a three-bedroom semi-detached home in Mission Park. The only glitch we have had is finding a suitable property management company, as when we were about to sign with Carver, realized that they hold the first month`s rent, which we consider excesive. I have been in touch with Commvest and they seem more reasonable.

Do you have any insights about property management companies in GP to share?
Ricardo

jeremyfleming

Registered
QUOTE (Ricardo @ Oct 1 2007, 02:12 PM) Thanks for the links to the local articles Jeremy.
We just purchased our first investment property in GP, a three-bedroom semi-detached home in Mission Park. The only glitch we have had is finding a suitable property management company, as when we were about to sign with Carver, realized that they hold the first month`s rent, which we consider excesive. I have been in touch with Commvest and they seem more reasonable.

Do you have any insights about property management companies in GP to share?
Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,
As I mentioned in your email, I do know that some other REIN members have had good luck with Commvest Realty.

I don`t have any personal experience with them, so let me know how you make out! I`d like to hear member successes with property managers here in Grande Prairie. I did receive negative feedback about one local company, but I don`t feel a public forum is the place to discuss the matter.

**FORUM MEMBERS:
if you have some personal experience with Grande Prairie property managers, and can pass along some GOOD recommendations, please post them here for everyone to see.

Cheers,
Jeremy

jeremyfleming

Registered
To date, still no recommendations for Property managers, and I have been propsitioned to manage several properties now. I have not personally offered to do the job for any one yet.

If you are entreprenuerally minded, and have an interest in this line of business, there is a huge demand for it here in GP - REIN members and "civilians" alike. Come to Grande Prairie, hang a mangement sign, and welcome to a hungry marketplece (marketing 101 for all you Dan Kennedy followers).

All the best,
Jeremy

Top Bottom