Hamilton Area Property Management Organizations

Starpro

Registered
<B>I am presently in the process of looking for a property management organization for my 25-unit building in Hamilton.
I would really appreciate hearing from other REIN members as to their experiences with any of these firms:

a) Aragon Property Management
b) Bayside Property Management
c) Canlight Hall Property Management
d) Dundurn Property Management
e) Fine Landlord Services
f) Istria Property Management
g)Lanwell Property Management
h)Megna Property Management
i) Professional Property Management Inc
j) Property Management Guild
k) R & J Property Management Services
l) Specialty Property Management
m) S.Suite Property Management
n) Taylor & Associates
o) Xcel Trust Property Management

OTHERS...???
I`m also developing a set of rating criteria so that we can effectively compare various firms in terms of costs, services provided, and organizational strengths. So any suggestions you have as to what these criteria should be would be appreciated.

Thanks !</B>

TIMWEMBLEY

Registered
i) Professional Property Management Inc
My brother and I both have had terrible experience with them. They are incompetent and do not return your calls and when you ask them to do basic propeerty management stuff like issue an eviction notice when rent is not paid(3 weeks late). They respond "Is that what you want us to do?"

The guy who runs the company is great to deal with when you are getting setup but between my brother and we have left about a dozen messages and never got a response.

They do charge 1 monrths rent to find you a tenant I guess this is norm for the area?? Never heard of this in Albeerta

They also ensure thier fee is piad whether the house is rented or not I beleive they shouldnt get paid unless their gemnerating income.

I also once received a bill to go to my property and inspect a tile that needed to be replaced.. they didnt fix it just billed me for inspecting it.. what exactly am I payng them their fee for??

I look forward to hearing others feedback on companies who deal in SFH especially positive ones!

asifghayoor

Registered
I used professional property management from dec 08 till march 09 and they did nothing, they posted one ad on kijji and got no renters. They take a day or two to return calls, and I never once got a warm and fuzzy feeling that i was being looked after. I switched to isteria property management and in one month they have done more for me than 4 months with professional.

Asif Ghayoor