Hamilton-Stoney Creek Mtn. - SUMMIT PARK

AdamG

Registered
Feb 23, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
To: All REIN members

Re: Primary residence (first home)

Hello, I am seeking advice from anyone familiar with the Hamilton-Stoney Creek Mountain market. The area I am referring to is on Rymal Road in a new sub division called “Summit Park” by Desanits. I am looking to purchase a 1700 sqft town home for $254,000. I plan to purchase it and live there for the next 5-7 years, during that time I will improve the property with a new deck in the back yard and finish the basement.

I am looking for anyone that is familiar with this area or has any information as to why this area would be a wise choice for a primary residence investment.

I feel that the Stoney Creek Mountain has a bright future. For example, in the past 3 years a Wal-Mart, LCBO, GM Dealership, a TD bank and a Scotia Bank opened up on the corner of Rymal and Hwy 20 (upper centennial) which is just down the street from this new subdivision. In addition, the Red Hill Expressway was recently completed in November 2007 and entry from Paramount and Stone Church are accessible. Furthermore right where the Red Hill begins at Stone Church Road construction for a movie theater, grocery stores, other stores are being prepped for Hydro and sewage.

Insight? Direction? Advice?