Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Have a buyer who hasn`t a downpayment

Lucas

Registered
Hi all,

I have a house. I have a buyer. I want to sell my house to this buyer. The buyer does not have enough for a downpayment on the house but has been pre-approved by a mortgage broker and qualifies to purchase my house. The buyer has exhausted all possible avenues/sources looking for a downpayment (ie. family, friends). The house is priced at 320k and they qualify for this mortgage with a 5% downpayment...so the magic number is 16k.

Aside from financing the down-payment (which I think is illegal anyway) is there any way to still sell this property to the buyer? I would prefer a conventional purchase as I need to untie this property to get into another.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance!!!

Lucas

samwei

Registered
QUOTE (Lucas @ Oct 28 2008, 09:55 PM) Hi all,

I have a house. I have a buyer. I want to sell my house to this buyer. The buyer does not have enough for a downpayment on the house but has been pre-approved by a mortgage broker and qualifies to purchase my house. The buyer has exhausted all possible avenues/sources looking for a downpayment (ie. family, friends). The house is priced at 320k and they qualify for this mortgage with a 5% downpayment...so the magic number is 16k.

Aside from financing the down-payment (which I think is illegal anyway) is there any way to still sell this property to the buyer? I would prefer a conventional purchase as I need to untie this property to get into another.

Thanks in advance!!!

Lucas

I believe that a buyer can still purchase a home without a down payment..some banks will allow you to do this..the buyer has to take a 6 year mortgage term, at full posted rate (no discount). The bank then allows a rebate for the down payment on closing.

See a mortgage broker about this option.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (Lucas @ Oct 28 2008, 10:55 PM) Hi all,

Thanks in advance!!!

Lucas

gift him the 16K .. risk is he keeps the cash if he doesn;t close

any buyer must have 5% down these days to get a mortgage !!!

SamEfford

Registered
I received an email from a broker with Mortgage Intelligence stating that there is still a lender that will give a mortgage on an owner-occupied home a 0 down mortgage. I am not sure what the qualificaitions were, but it would be worth a shot.

jeremyfleming

Registered
Hi Lucas, I would imagine someone has emailed you about this by now.... but in case they have not - I currently am using a couple of lenders who are offering either borrowed down payment mortgages, or cash back mortgages, essentially accomplishing 100% financing. This is all above board - no grey area here!

Look to FirstLine or First National for these products.

If you still are looking for 100% financing, you can call me at my office: 1.877.545.1554.

Cheers,
Jeremy Fleming
Professional Real Estate Investor
& Mortgage Planner

BLT - Pleasant Valley Mortgages

Investing Exclusively in Grande Prairie, Alberta

QUOTE (Lucas @ Oct 28 2008, 09:55 PM) Hi all,

Thanks in advance!!!

Lucas

Lucas

Registered
Thanks everybody and experct a call tomorrow Jeremy!!!
Lucas

QUOTE (jeremyfleming @ Oct 30 2008, 05:16 PM) Hi Lucas,
I would imagine someone has emailed you about this by now.... but in case they have not - I currently am using a couple of lenders who are offering either borrowed down payment mortgages, or cash back mortgages, essentially accomplishing 100% financing. This is all above board - no grey area here!

Look to FirstLine or First National for these products.

If you still are looking for 100% financing, you can call me at my office: 1.877.545.1554.

Cheers,
Jeremy Fleming
Professional Real Estate Investor
& Mortgage Planner

BLT - Pleasant Valley Mortgages

Investing Exclusively in Grande Prairie, Alberta

Top Bottom