Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help! Anyone recommend a Calgary plumber?

lwelke

Registered
I`m having one heck of a time finding a Plumber in Calgary that doesn`t charge $100-$400 just for the visit alone. Does ANYONE know of a good plumber that quotes by the job and doesn`t charge just to come out? And one that is reasonably priced and honest? I`d rather a guy who works for himself rather than for a company, or someone that does work on the side if he does work for a company. Thanks!

Leanne Welke
403-452-4010

RedlineBrett

Registered
Pretty customary for plumbers to charge for the service call + whatever work they are doing for you. They have hourly rates just like any other trade.

Doesn`t make much sense for them to drive half an hour to the site, half an hour back and only charge you 1/4 of an hour for a minor repair... you have to expect to pay them for their travel time if it is a that-day service call you after. Furnace guys, electricians even handymen are all the same way.

QUOTE (lwelke @ Jan 21 2009, 10:13 AM) I`m having one heck of a time finding a Plumber in Calgary that doesn`t charge $100-$400 just for the visit alone. Does ANYONE know of a good plumber that quotes by the job and doesn`t charge just to come out? And one that is reasonably priced and honest? I`d rather a guy who works for himself rather than for a company, or someone that does work on the side if he does work for a company. Thanks!

Leanne Welke
403-452-4010

DaveRhydderch

Registered
QUOTE (lwelke @ Jan 21 2009, 10:13 AM) I`m having one heck of a time finding a Plumber in Calgary that doesn`t charge $100-$400 just for the visit alone. Does ANYONE know of a good plumber that quotes by the job and doesn`t charge just to come out? And one that is reasonably priced and honest? I`d rather a guy who works for himself rather than for a company, or someone that does work on the side if he does work for a company. Thanks!
Leanne Welke
403-452-4010

Jeremy Boschman
- (403) 464-6755 - Calgary

He`s an awesome guy. He will charge for the visit, but its only been $40 when I`ve gotten him to do it (may depend on where you live). Very reasonable and very good.

thoyem

Registered
I`ve had good luck with Jeremy Siemens 403-990-6304. He does plumbing and gas fitting. Just replace my furnace and hot water tank. Good guy!! Tell him Todd Hoyem send you. Good for brownie points.

Thanks

Todd Hoyem

stevestein

Registered

Leanne Welke
403-452-4010

hi leane,
my name is steve stein,i own steins ltd,we do furnace work,air conditioning,humidifiers,hotwater tanks,and commercial roof-tops as well. i am the guy that comes out to the house,i have 11 years experience and have a refrigeration journyman ticket,we also have a sheetmetal journyman ticket. i cant promise that the job wont cost 100-400$ but i will give you an honest professional job. we charge $50.00 to come to the house and then i will give you a price/quote on the work that needs to be done, we give free quotes on replacement jobs.commercial jobs have different pricing,we charge $98.00 per hour for the first two hours and after 2hours+ its 85.00 per hour for the whole job. we also have references that you could call to see what kind of work we do. 403-257-9235

moniq

Registered
I have a plumber who is extremely honest and fair. Over the phone he will ask you questions about the problems you have.

It happen to a friend of mine when she was describing the problem, he actually gave her clear instructions over the phone and told her how she can fix the problem herself and did not charge her anything.

His name is Anders and has his own company. His number is 403-803-1089 and just mention my name.

lwelke

Registered
Thanks very much to all of you who gave me referrals. It is much appreciated.

Leanne Welke

Sandy Fransham

Registered
Here is a reply long after the original post...

For anyone looking for a GREAT plumber who knows how to deal with tenants, give me a call or email me and I'll put you in touch.

My guy Phil also does heating and cooling

Call me at 403.455.3639 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 403.455.3639 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Top Bottom