Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help I`ve lost my cursor

EdRenkema

Registered
When I try to reply to a post and I type in my reply in the empty box I completely lose sight of my cursor.
No biggie except when I quote a post it overruns the post that I`m quoting and plus I can`t see where my cursor is if I need to edit or replace anything...
Once again this is only in the empty box for replying.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
I`ve had this happen to me a couple times as well. Seems to go away if I restart firefox and log in again.

EdRenkema

Registered
Same here, if fact its happening now and cannot place the cursor behind my quoted statement, it just pushes the quote in front of my post and I can`t move the print to where I want, don`t want to restart firefox since I`ll lose all the new posts.QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Mar 12 2010, 02:56 PM) I`ve had this happen to me a couple times as well. Seems to go away if I restart firefox and log in again.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Mar 14 2010, 01:24 PM) Same here, if fact its happening now and cannot place the cursor behind my quoted statement, it just pushes the quote in front of my post and I can`t move the print to where I want, don`t want to restart firefox since I`ll lose all the new posts.
copy text with control C into a word doc .. then re-start firefox or any browser .. then past (control V) from word into post

EdRenkema

Registered
Thanks but I`ve restarted 3X in fact and still same problem, looks like I`m stuck with this problem, I`m sure its a simple fix but not one I`ll figure out.QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Mar 14 2010, 01:32 PM) copy text with control C into a word doc .. then re-start firefox or any browser .. then past (control V) from word into post

GarthChapman

Registered
Cursor works fine in Explorer but is invisible in Firefox. There for it is really tough to reply by including the quote from another poster that you are reply to or referring to.

REIN tech guys - help!

EdRenkema

Registered
Ray to the rescue??QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Mar 14 2010, 03:38 PM) Cursor works fine in Explorer but is invisible in Firefox. There for it is really tough to reply by including the quote from another poster that you are reply to or referring to.

REIN tech guys - help!

GaryMcGowan

Registered
Try Google Chrome !!! Faster, cleaner, and you can make it work anyway you want it to. Lots of add-ons!

EdRenkema

Registered
Ach yes laddie, as dead easy.
I dinna even think that way!
From explorer to firefox to google chrome - sounds shiney and new.
Thanks for the idea.QUOTE (GaryMcGowan @ Mar 14 2010, 08:22 PM) Try Google Chrome !!! Faster, cleaner, and you can make it work anyway you want it to. Lots of add-ons!

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Mar 14 2010, 09:38 PM) Ach yes laddie, as dead easy.
I dinna even think that way!
From explorer to firefox to google chrome - sounds shiney and new.
Thanks for the idea.

OK now on Google Chrome, works great!
But how do I pull up my favourites??

GarthChapman

Registered
Import `em from Explorer - I think it asks you when you install if you want to do that, but you were probably still seeing stars...

EdRenkema

Registered
Were?? I still am...QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Mar 15 2010, 07:56 PM) Import `em from Explorer - I think it asks you when you install if you want to do that, but you were probably still seeing stars...

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Chrome is a great browser, but really we shouldn`t have to switch browsers just to get the forums working properly. The correct fix is on the server side.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Mar 15 2010, 08:08 PM) Chrome is a great browser, but really we shouldn`t have to switch browsers just to get the forums working properly. The correct fix is on the server side.

Ya?
By whose definition?
I`m not saying but I`m just saying...
The design guys say its a technical issue and the technical guys say its a design issue.
I`m just a simple guy looking for a simple solution...

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Well, there`s a bazillion forums out there that work just fine on many different browsers, including Firefox. A working post editing form is a solved problem; if it doesn`t work on this forum, it`s because of something on this forum, not everybody`s browsers.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Mar 15 2010, 10:41 PM) Well, there`s a bazillion forums out there that work just fine on many different browsers, including Firefox. A working post editing form is a solved problem; if it doesn`t work on this forum, it`s because of something on this forum, not everybody`s browsers.

Good point, I`m having a little trouble with google chrome as well altho of a different nature, not as user friendly as firefox but faster and cleaner.

REINteam

Registered
Hi all,

I`m having trouble recreating the problem with any browser: firefox, chrome, IE, etc. I`ve tried quoting multiple users, only responding to one user and I`m always able to see my cursor....what am I missing? I`ll have our tech guy take a look and see.

Regards,

JimWhitelaw

Registered
I experience the problem on several systems (with firefox) running WinXP, Vista, Win7. Happens on the quote/reply form, not the fast reply. Just did a quick check and Firefox 3 on Ubuntu Linux seems OK. IE8 on Win7 is OK.

REINteam

Registered
Hello,

The issue has to do with the new Firefox version 3.6

This bug has been reported to Mozilla Firefox. There is a work around fix to it.

In the editor menu, you can switch to the standard editor from the rich text editor. (Its the icon above the bullets). This will make the cursor appear.

Invision power board is working on the issue. When there is a patch released, we will apply it.

Thanks

Top Bottom