Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help with my kijiji ad for my rental

zimnicki

Registered
Hey guys and gals, just found out that one of my renters, lost his job and needs to move out, so now i have to rent the place out, i havent done one of these for months, maybe some of you can lend me a hand and tell me if im doing something wrong. its been up since yesterday, and havent received one phone call, or am i just getting to excited just yet.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-housing-house-...QAdIdZ165170877

Anything would be a help, as i would love to have this rented out asap.

Michael

fumbrunner

Registered
QUOTE (zimnicki @ Oct 29 2009, 08:25 AM) Hey guys and gals, just found out that one of my renters, lost his job and needs to move out, so now i have to rent the place out, i havent done open of these for months, maybe some of you can lend me a hand and tell me if im doing something wrong. its been up since yesterday, and havent received one phone call, or am i just getting to excited just yet.

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-housing-house-...QAdIdZ165170877

Michael

It was posted 11 hrs ago. Unless potential tenants are up all night looking at ads, most won`t see it until this morning. Also, invest the $20 to make it a top ad. I have good success using kijiji, but ads tend to get buried. As a top ad, you increase your chance of getting eyeballs on your ad.

zimnicki

Registered
QUOTE (fumbrunner @ Oct 29 2009, 07:47 AM) It was posted 11 hrs ago. Unless potential tenants are up all night looking at ads, most won`t see it until this morning. Also, invest the $20 to make it a top ad. I have good success using kijiji, but ads tend to get buried. As a top ad, you increase your chance of getting eyeballs on your ad.

Yes your right, i had another ad since yesterday morning as well, so i have about 2 running that i have created, since yesterday 8am, so about 24 hours... everyday or so, i just create another one so it gets bumped to the top. I also have had great luck with kijiji, but i just caught off gaurd with my tenant leaving, that i would like someone back in there asap. Plus it doesnt help that i just bought another house the same day i find out a tenant moves out,

Michael

lgrossi

Registered
QUOTE (zimnicki @ Oct 29 2009, 07:55 AM) Yes your right, i had another ad since yesterday morning as well, so i have about 2 running that i have created, since yesterday 8am, so about 24 hours... everyday or so, i just create another one so it gets bumped to the top. I also have had great luck with kijiji, but i just caught off gaurd with my tenant leaving, that i would like someone back in there asap. Plus it doesnt help that i just bought another house the same day i find out a tenant moves out,

Michael

Hello Michael,

I see that you are anxious about renting the property. I would include some of the benefits of the property. I have read your ad and saw the pictures. It looks a great place, but your are talking about "features". You can mention the features, and include comments like bright kitchen, cozy place, have fun at the hot tub...

Look for a catchy title for your ad. If you follow the marketing tips posted on the Forum and read the Solid Oak Marketing, you get a better chance.

I include my ads on Rent Board, grocery stores and any other place which have an ad board for the public. My properties are in Edmonton, and fall and winter is slower to rent. I don`t know the market in Winnipeg, I assume that it is the same. Offer some incentives: $50.00 rent rebate (you can find the letters at the Member Forms). Also it is a good title to attract people.

Word of caution. Do not be too anxious to rent faster. Take your time and screen your tenants. If you rent for the first one, you might get problems worse than vacancy...

I hope this helps,

jeffjas

Registered
QUOTE (fumbrunner @ Oct 29 2009, 08:47 AM) It was posted 11 hrs ago. Unless potential tenants are up all night looking at ads, most won`t see it until this morning. Also, invest the $20 to make it a top ad. I have good success using kijiji, but ads tend to get buried. As a top ad, you increase your chance of getting eyeballs on your ad.

Hey Michael, the ad itself looks good and I agree the place is very nice. I think that prospective tenants do look at ads at various times, I`ve received email replies at midnight, 2 am, etc people have different schedules. When I post on Kijiji I look at the number of visits on the ad, your ad shows over 100 visits in the last 24 hrs or so, that is an excellent level of interest so far, in my opinion.

I know River Park South is a great area, but do you know if the monthly rent there for a 3br is in line with what you are asking? I dont know for sure but it sounds high, but if you had been getting it in the past thats great !

How long have you had the place ? Whats the rental history like ?

Other than that you may want to correct some minor spelling errors, above all be patient & don`t panic. Remember its the end of Oct and most people have already found places for Nov. so you might be looking at a Dec move-in

zimnicki

Registered
QUOTE (jeffjas @ Oct 29 2009, 11:05 AM) Hey Michael, the ad itself looks good and I agree the place is very nice. I think that prospective tenants do look at ads at various times, I`ve received email replies at midnight, 2 am, etc people have different schedules. When I post on Kijiji I look at the number of visits on the ad, your ad shows over 100 visits in the last 24 hrs or so, that is an excellent level of interest so far, in my opinion.

I know River Park South is a great area, but do you know if the monthly rent there for a 3br is in line with what you are asking? I dont know for sure but it sounds high, but if you had been getting it in the past thats great !

How long have you had the place ? Whats the rental history like ?

Other than that you may want to correct some minor spelling errors, above all be patient & don`t panic. Remember its the end of Oct and most people have already found places for Nov. so you might be looking at a Dec move-in

Thanks guys, and i was getting 1400 for a year and then 2 months into the 2nd year i was getting 1450 a month, so far its been amazing, besides the tenant having to move out, its been good, have been getting some calls, and i may have it rented out, but just checking his application, ill probably be getting 1500 a month.

ChrisMewhort

Registered
QUOTE (zimnicki @ Oct 29 2009, 06:25 AM) its been up since yesterday, and havent received one phone call, or am i just getting to excited just yet.

Michael

Hi Michael,

It sounds like you were getting over-excited, strictly from the fact that you posted here 11hrs after posting the ad, and 7hrs after that you think you`ve found a tenant. 18hrs isn`t a long time to have to wait between being told your tenant is leaving and replacing that tenant.

So that`s something to keep in mind if you start getting anxious next time it happens. Just remember that you`re passionate and doing what you can to rent it and try not to worry too much. Sounds like you have a good ad with a good price for rent and are doing everything you need to re-fill that vacancy. Hopefully remembering this will ease the stress of refilling your vacancy in the future!

zimnicki

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisMewhort @ Oct 29 2009, 02:38 PM) Hi Michael,

It sounds like you were getting over-excited, strictly from the fact that you posted here 11hrs after posting the ad, and 7hrs after that you think you`ve found a tenant. 18hrs isn`t a long time to have to wait between being told your tenant is leaving and replacing that tenant.

So that`s something to keep in mind if you start getting anxious next time it happens. Just remember that you`re passionate and doing what you can to rent it and try not to worry too much. Sounds like you have a good ad with a good price for rent and are doing everything you need to re-fill that vacancy. Hopefully remembering this will ease the stress of refilling your vacancy in the future!

Thanks for the kind words!

Top Bottom