Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Home inspection business information request

dcaycedo

REIN Member
I am a REIN member located in Ontario interested in getting into the home inspection business. Does anybody know how much opportunity the home inspection market has to grow? Does anybody know of a particular Home Inspection Franchise that stands out from the rest? Are there any Home Inspection Franchises who need to hire a home inspector? Does anybody have any advice who to contact to know more about becoming a home inspector? Eric

dplummer

Registered
Contact Humber College. They offer the Carson Dunlop course. Do you have any construction background?

Doug

oddjobs

Registered
You'll want to check out these sites if you want to be a home inspector

http://www.oahi.com/ (ontario)

http://www.cahpi.ca/ (canada)

In brief you need to take several courses and have a background in home building/repair to become a certified home inspector which you will want to do. You will want to go through the proper channels and do this as I've been told stricter regulations on what it takes to call yourself a home inspector are coming. Most home inspectors run their own business not sure how many franchises are out there for it if any.

dcaycedo

REIN Member
Thank you for writing back. I have a technical background and have bought and sold a few houses, but don't have a construction backgroud. today I contacted C-D directly and so far the reponse is very encouraging.

Eric

dplummer

Registered
At present in Ontario there is no licensing for HI. Anyone can claim to be a HI. The home inspection assoc. are in confusion as they all fight to be the gov. recognized one. Take the courses , do it right & you'll be ahead of your competition.

Doug

Top Bottom