Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Home Owner Soon??

FlynBuy

Registered
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone here has experience with Home Owner Soon, or any other "turnkey" rent to own investment companies. It looks like a pretty hands off investment strategy for those of us used to dealing with the usual tenant and property headaches.

Anyone with any experience or advice to share?

wgraham

REIN Member
There is no such thing as a hands off investment or passive income for that matter.

These boys have been around for a while and Mark Loffler used to be associated with them. I haven't heard anything negative about them. Their deals seem to be all across the country so if I was to invest with them I would be doing a LOT of research into the market I was investing in.

Also I would talk to them about guranteeing the tenant as you may get stuck with a house you don't want in the end.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

johnsu

Registered
ONLY time it's "hands off" is if you're the "money partner" and the jv agreement stipulates that. But hands off means to me, i don't deal with the asset or tenants.

Rent to own is a more senior way of investing and I do know that many people are doing rent to own that possibly is set up to fail because they lack the knowledge on mortgages and proper rent to own contracts.

I'm doing rent to own now but I've also done alot of homework also such as getting our

RTO agreement approved by CMHC and I also have an extensive knowledge of mortgages and what it takes to get it done.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

housingrental

Registered
I've not done any deals with them but can say the following:

I've do not remember hearing anything terrible about them ever

They come off well

- Ie seems like potentially good people to do business with and you should dig deeper into the specific deal

Top Bottom