Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Home re-appraisal

BREAKRZ

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
In 2003 I purchased my first home and had it appraised by the bank for a HELOC. My question is 13 years later along with a 300% increase in the homes value, should i get it reappraised to qualify for a greater amount on my HELOC?

I don't have any immediate plans to purchase another rental property at the moment.

Tyler - Picket Fence Properties

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
If you were going to refinance without immediate plans I would say no. However, given that you don't pay for what you don't draw on a HELOC there is really no reason to not have that increased availability.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Yes you should ABSOLUTELY get an appraisal and the maximum HELOC the bank will give you. Then you should educate yourself how to invest at 6%+ (for example in income producing real estate, dividend paying stocks, REITs, lending or private equity) on money borrowed around to sub 3%.

The path to wealth creation is to borrow cheap and invest at double to quintuple the borrowing costs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom