Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Home warranty in Canada?

Pat

Registered
I have noticed that many homes sold in the US come with a home and asset protection warranty (usually for 1 -5 years.) It seems like a means of offering a trouble-free investment to buyers. I don`t mean a new home warranty but rather one placed on existing houses.

Does anyone know if this is available in Canada?

MikeMcCrae

Registered
Yes it does. Some of the lenders offer such a product. Talk to your Mortgage Agent and see what they can find out for you.

RanjitPlaha

Registered
Are you talking about a warranty on furnace, water heater, plumbing, electrical and the like???

If you are, read the contents of the package very carefully!
I had one on a property and the wording was confusing. Essentially I got $450 whereas I thought I was getting a new furnace and AC, cost me over $4000 for new furnace and AC.

If you are looking to get it, I can help you go over it (the best I can).
Good luck.

adamturner

Registered
There definately is a form of warrantee that can come on new homes being built, but is provided by the builder. Some builders do it, some dont.

Specifics vary across Canada.

Pat

Registered
Thanks, all for the feedback. Ranjit, I was considering offering a warranty as part of an investor package that would create a "trouble free" investment.

(Is there such a thing?)

Top Bottom