Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Housing Affordability Index

ahusain60

Registered
Is Housing Affordability index info available at the neighborhood level? (i.e. Lawrence Park, Toronto). If so, where?

rymac

REIN Member
QUOTE (ahusain60 @ Apr 5 2009, 02:35 PM) Is Housing Affordability index info available at the neighborhood level? (i.e. Lawrence Park, Toronto). If so, where?

I don`t think its avaliable at an individual neighboorhood level but you could calculate it by taking the average family income in your city and average sale price in your neighboorhood.

ChrisDavies

Registered
And there`s a new RBC website with some great local-level statistics. Forget the name at the moment, but the thread started friday or saturday.

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (ahusain60 @ Apr 5 2009, 02:35 PM) Is Housing Affordability index info available at the neighborhood level? (i.e. Lawrence Park, Toronto). If so, where?

The City of Calgary website has neighbourhood stats such as average income, average age, education, crime etc. I think the last I checked it was 2006 data but it should give you an idea. I would suspect that other larger cities have similar stats. You should then be able to ask your Realtor the average selling price in a given area and come up with your affordability index.

good luck,
W

Top Bottom