How I search for cashflow

ChrisDavies

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I was sorting through MLS last night for the first time since Quickstart in Vancouver a couple weeks ago. It occured to me that it`s not that hard, but then again I learned how to use databases like MLS, Comfree and some others when I was in university. It occured to me to write out how I do it, since some people have asked previously, and it seems that lots of people here would like to be better at finding cash flowing properties.

I wrote it up as a blog post at www.chrisdavies.ca. You can link directly to it here (Six Steps to Finding Cashflow Creek (and two bonus steps)).

Please let me know what you think about it by commenting here, or on the site.

Thanks,

Chris

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Chris,

That is a great article.

Just a note though to what I use that may be helpful. On the comfree.com website there is a button on the right (once you open a listing) that says "Add to my Homes". Then there is a button on the right of the homepage that keeps them in a file. You can save all the ones you like and delete them from there, and then print out the best ones. It`s a helpful tool, I find.

Cheers!

tbarcier

Registered
Great info Chris! I just wanted to add that I like to use the save search option on MLS, that way I don`t have to input the parameters every time I visit the site.

ChrisDavies

Registered
Two great suggestions! I`m going to try and do a series of posts with little `hacks` like that to help make search easier for everyone.

cindyharris

Registered
Great systematic process Chris.
Cindy
P.S. Thanks for the cheat sheet - so much simpler than sitting here with calculator in hand.
style_emoticons

Briannah

Registered
I`m so glad I found your blog - thank you for taking the time to write all that out. But, as a new REIN member, I`m hoping you can shed some light on what the REIN Property Analyzer is??
Also, which are your other favourite websites/places to look for real estate?

Thanks Chris!

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (Briannah @ Mar 10 2008, 09:46 PM) I`m so glad I found your blog - thank you for taking the time to write all that out. But, as a new REIN member, I`m hoping you can shed some light on what the REIN Property Analyzer is??
Also, which are your other favourite websites/places to look for real estate?

Thanks Chris!

Hi Briannah,

The Property Analyzer is a two-page form you put all your estimated numbers into. It`s the step after the Money Funnel. You can find a copy of it in the Member`s Only Forms section.

At the moment I`m only really using MLS and Comfree. Other good sites include the online classifieds for newspapers, regional mini-sites like castanet for Kelowna, and social sites like Facebook, Kijiji, and Craigslist. Go where the people are
style_emoticons

Enjoy,

Chris

jkpaul

Registered
style_emoticons
Thanks for your time spent posting this article. It was interesting to read and I like the tab use.
JoAnn