Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How long before I can serve an eviction notice?

Goodstuff

Registered
Can I serve the eviction notice the next day, or do I have to give him a certain amount of time to pay?
Thanks for your help.
(I`m in Alberta, by the way)

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi,

There are many and varied strategies that investors use when rent is not paid on time. Here is a direct link to the RTA which clearly states your options and how long you need to wait (no time) if that is the strategy you will be using.

Alberta landlord & Tenant Act

Trust that helps!

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
Being a landlord, you need to know the Alberta Residential Tenancies legislation, AND understand it inside out and backwards.
I could give you the answer in one sentence. But, you won`t learn as much as when you go looking for the answer yourself online. Google Alberta Residential Tenancies Act. You will find a myriad of answers to many landlording questions.

On the other hand, when
you join REIN, you will meet people at the meetings to discuss your landlording issues with.

RebeccaBryan

Registered
If it is for non-payment of rent and your rent is due on the 1st of the month, you can serve them with a hearing date on the second of the month. You don`t need to wait.

Top Bottom