Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to avoid a FAKE credit score

macbwilson

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Hey Everyone,

With current economic uncertainty environment (understatement of the year) of covid-19 (covid-19) that we are in.

I believe is important more now than ever that we arm ourselves with the right knowledge.

I fully expect the attempts to include fake or misinformation on rental applications to raise substantially as the impact of coronavirus prolongs and job loss continues.

I made this short video how to spot a FAKE credit score and how you can AVOID these type of fraudulent scams. I also cover fake paystubs and driver's licenses from professional tenants.

I hope you find it informative and please share ANY (good or bad) comments you may have!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using myREINspace mobile app

macbwilson

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Thanks Tina!

It was quite eye opening while I started digging into this topic which started with prospective viewing one of my properties.

They were rather forceful trying to get me to view to pick them and only briefly flashed what appeared to be a credit score on the mobile and got rather awkward when I asked them to send me their credit score.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tina Myrvang

Client Care Lead
Staff member
REIN Member
Thanks Tina!

It was quite eye opening while I started digging into this topic which started with prospective viewing one of my properties.

They were rather forceful trying to get me to view to pick them and only briefly flashed what appeared to be a credit score on the mobile and got rather awkward when I asked them to send me their credit score.

Go with your gut!!!

Al Verwey

Registered
I use Naborly to receive applications online. They give you a free credit report on your applicants.

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
I use Naborly to receive applications online. They give you a free credit report on your applicants.

Yes I do to, however what the video shows is how easy it is to create fake ID and/or paystubs
Since Naborly goes entirely by algorithms I’m wondering how these algorithms pick up on fake documents.
The biggest value of course is the third party credit report but other then that I have learned to follow up rental references and employment references and verification as Naborly does not do that in person.
Still like the Naborly service offered, easy process and the serious tenants like the fact they have a landlord with a serious approach, but can’t say it’s 100% reliable.

macbwilson

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Yes I do to, however what the video shows is how easy it is to create fake ID and/or paystubs
Since Naborly goes entirely by algorithms I’m wondering how these algorithms pick up on fake documents.
The biggest value of course is the third party credit report but other then that I have learned to follow up rental references and employment references and verification as Naborly does not do that in person.
Still like the Naborly service offered, easy process and the serious tenants like the fact they have a landlord with a serious approach, but can’t say it’s 100% reliable.
Not knowing exactly or at least a ballpark on how these algorithms that naborly uses work makes it tough for me to put much stock in value their results. The credit score, plus ease of documentation is what I really like about the service.

Top Bottom