Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I knew I could do it...but it`s why I did it !

DianeLeahy

REIN Member
style_emoticons
Hello DREAM SUPPORTERS,
Reading Don`s book last spring only confirmed to me that real estate would allow ME(=WE=US) to achieve our simple goal. My husband and I have been landlords for 15 years this coming November. We used real estate to plan for the future and arrived ahead of A plan 2 years early. ( We are talking small here not BIG DREAMS) By 2005 , I decided that I was going to reinvent the wheel and create a team of people (friends) to invest where no one could afford..as if that would work( no$$ with + no clue)..I was surrounded by fear and "what if? "s...The conclusion Don`s book saved me ! ! My story today is about how things happen... since I joined REIN I am starting to understand why they happen.
I knew I wanted to join REIN after reading the book however I was scared...what if I don`t belong? That question was answered shortly after that. I am a Service Director for an airline. I was on a return trip from Tel Aviv when it turned into a "broken routine"...that`s how I like to call it. This unexpected situation made a long day even longer and we had to spend the night in Montreal for crew rest. The crew decided to meet up at the hotel...some colleagues arrived later then others.I managed to convince 2 of them to stay around as I arrived....We are talking seconds, minutes later and I would not be writing this right now. She was holding a soft covered book in her arms. As we walked back to the bar...for a glass of wine she put the book down on the arm of the chair between us. We were both very tired! I knew I recognized the color of the book. I mentioned to her with little energy...I did not know that they had that book in a soft cover ..I have the hard cover one... No,no she said, that`s a different one, this one is new, but I read the first one too, she said!! I was now AWAKE!! You read Don`s book?? Yes, and I am a member! YOU ARE A MEMBER??? I poured my heart out to her about real estate and what I had done for the past 14 years and what I wanted real estate do for me.At the end of it all she said " what are you waiting for you should be part of REIN" I signed up in August for the Quickstart in YEG in October.
I have been learning new things ever since. Meeting great people! I have been overwhelmed at times...like @ the YYZ Quickstart...
I also joined a mastermind group last November. It turns out, that one of them is a neighbor and he just bought a house that I knew , I looked into it, could not figure out how to make it work and this guy just bought it!! Why? how?...it turns out, it`s going to be his new principal residence. Now that made sense to me! but still...I drive by this house EVERYday! A few week ago, my 9 year old son and I went over to help this maple leaf fan ( a guy brave and smart enough to ware his blue and white jersey @ the all day workshop in Calgary this past January) demolish his new old home. We took on his future office. Thanks to our understanding spouses, we have had 2 mini "holidays"( Mary, I can`t call them business trips) out WEST! The last one was last Thursday night , to arrive in Fort McMurray by 8am on Friday morning, visit the house in question and 4 more, then take a few minutes to meet with a property management company, then back on the direct flight to Toronto @ 12:40 that same day. I worked on the offer on Saturday. The conclusion, the offer was placed and was accepted on Mother`s Day @ 11 PM Toronto time. As for the Maple Leaf fan, he offered me a JV! and I am not the $$ partner! This is where I realize, I have to stop asking "why?" why is this happening? I realize why, because I WANT IT ...I want my simple dream and I am surrounded by people that are doing it! I will get there one telephone poll at a time! ( Russell quoting, Terry Fox)

Thank YOU for being my dream supporters!

Don, every time I want to thank you I get very emotional ....YOUR book started all this for me... a year ago this month What an impact! Imagine the future!!
Thanks to your team!

Diane Leahy and my 3 men

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Congratulations Diane. A WONDERFUL start to an amazing next stage of your fiancial life.

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Good for you.

I`m sure after notes like this Don thinks of all of those days and months putting that book togeather as well worth it.

Top Bottom