Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I retired under 40!

joeiannuzzi

Registered
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has tracked people from age 20 to 65 when most people aim to retire and have found the following statistics:

54% were living on family or government support
36% were dead
5% were still working because they had to
4% were well off
1% were wealthy.

In addition, more than 1/3 of the wealthy 1% inherited their wealth as did a large percentage of the 4% that were well off.

Although there have been numerous financial challenges I have faced over the years, 2007 is the last year I will ever receive a cheque from a job as I now have retired from the workforce at the age of 37! Although I am proclaiming victory at this time, the road was anything but easy!! 12 years ago I had no assets, worked the graveyard shift at a parking lot earning $6.71/hour while living with my parents and didn`t know how to balance a checkbook. My lowest of lows was in 1996 when my annual income was just under $4,000 and the government even refunded my CPP and EI contributions. I admired everyone with a credit card because they actually knew how to apply for and use one whereas I hadn`t achieved that level of sophistication. These are all besides the facts that no one had ever taught me the basics of investing, had never enrolled in a personal finance course and like my parents, brother and sister in-law before me, I had to learn English as a second language. With all these obstacles, I never imagined it possible to become financially free.

Achieving my goal of retirement would not have been possible if it was not for the absolutely tremendous support of an incredible number of people and it is these individuals I would like to thank for their tireless and tremendous support!!

To Don Campbell, the rest of the REIN team and all 2,600 members worldwide. Thank you all for all for keeping me focused and action oriented over the years! Being with the top 10% of property investors in Canada and the largest most successful real estate group in North America has helped me build an incredible network of amazing contacts. I have never found a better way to preserve wealth than through Alberta real estate and simply could not have done it without everyone`s outstanding support!!

I had a clear written goal on New Years Eve 2007 to retire from the workforce by October 31[sup]st[/sup] at the very latest. With persistent review of this objective and only 12 hours to spare, this was accomplished. My retirement is not about me, but rather a testament to the world class support I found in having like minded people such as yourselves. The first part of my Personal Belize is complete and am now going on to the next level. My message to everyone is that if I can become financially free in 12 years, absolutely anyone can do it even faster. Thank you all again!!!

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Joe

Congratulations on your amazing story and your tremendous journey.

Can`t wait to see what the next chapter holds!

jarrettvaughan

Registered
That is an amazing story and very inspiring for me. I have set a lot of very challenging goals for myself and find is very encouraging to hear your story. When I was 16 years old I set a financial goal of net worth for when i turn 28 years old. I am now only 3 years away and am getting closer but still have a long ways to go. Your story has given my hope and encouragement again so thank you and congrats. I will keep working hard.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Congratulations, man .. and now what ?

Retired is a word that is usually connected with "old", sitting on the beach or doing nothing. Clearly, I assume, that is not your goal. Liekly, I assuem you also don`t just collect rent cheques and sit on the beach (one gets bored relatively fast) .. so, what`s next ?

tgold

Registered
Very Wise of you Thomas to boldly question the next goal!

In my circle of business associates, I`ve seen it too many times when a `go-getter` gets all excited about a goal, reaches it and lives off that success (we know it`s shortlived since real go-getters live in the future not the past)

Challenge yourself often to reach new heights. Personally I set 30 day goals, 1 year plans and 5 year plans.

Best part about REIN...it has a system that`s easy to follow and a support network. Can`t ask for much more!

Team Visioneering

joeiannuzzi

Registered
The next step is empower and support others just as many have done for me. I already have 1 pupil with whom I give monthly coaching to and hope to have many more. This is the first step as I expand on a local, national and eventually international setting. I need to sit down and write out a business plan for the next stage. I have numerous ideas as to what I want but need to clarify how I intend to get there and measure it`s performance.

My definition of retirement is that I no longer need a 9-5 job working for someone else and giving up all of my freedom. The REIN support system has been a critical element of so many people`s progress!

MikeMcCrae

Registered
It is a great feeling to quit the job. I was fortunate to do that at 47. I was "retired" for about 3 weeks and decided I was too young to not work so I went into the mortgage business. It is very liberating to be able to do just what you want, when you want. Real estate is freedom. Find a passion and never "work" another day. Congratulations and all the best in what ever adventure you take on from here.

navaz

Registered
WOW is the word -congratulations and hopefully this will inspire many others!

joeiannuzzi

Registered
A tremendous part of my success is from the support the monthly REIN meetings gives, the unmatched calibre of like minded people in this group and the desire to attain higher standards on a consistent basis. I have often challenged individuals to let me know of any other real estate group which has a higher success rate than REIN. Since I joined REIN in January 2001, no one has been able to successfully accomplish this. There have been numerous attempts from people over the years, but in my sole opinion, they are all sub par to what I have found. I still am open to the possiblity that something out there exists which can supercede the REIN group, but if this is the case I have not found that organization and it is not for lack of trying!!!

One key item that I used was a quote that Russell has sometimes said at the workshops. "The one thing you are most resistant to doing is the one thing holding you back!" I say this to myself at least 50 times a day in order to keep me mving forward. Thank you Russell!! Thank you REIN members for taking action and for being the best of the best!!

mponte

Registered
What a great story Joe!! Very inspiring and wish you continued success in the future.

Thanks for sharing.

YLCorporation

Registered
QUOTE (MikeMcCrae @ Nov 16 2007, 03:15 PM) It is a great feeling to quit the job. I was fortunate to do that at 47. I was "retired" for about 3 weeks and decided I was too young to not work so I went into the mortgage business. It is very liberating to be able to do just what you want, when you want. Real estate is freedom. Find a passion and never "work" another day. Congratulations and all the best in what ever adventure you take on from here.

Joe and Mike:

I would love to have you 2 as my mentors. I am very new to real estate investing. Read all of Don`s Books 7 years ago, didn`t take action. Currently unemployed right now and find it tough to pay for the Quickstart program. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lynn

seanverret

Registered
Hey Joe,

That`s a great story, and now I have finally figured out how you have the time to post all of those news stories
style_emoticons
. Keep up the good work, enjoy your first Belize and good luck achieving your second!

joeiannuzzi

Registered
QUOTE (YLCorporation @ Apr 30 2008, 11:44 PM) Joe and Mike:

I would love to have you 2 as my mentors. I am very new to real estate investing. Read all of Don`s Books 7 years ago, didn`t take action. Currently unemployed right now and find it tough to pay for the Quickstart program. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lynn

Hi Lynn. The best method of mentorship in real estate that I have ever seen is myreinspace. You have access to a number of experienced and talented people who are able to pass on their knowledge and experience on this forum. I use it to look at the numerous threads and responses in many categories. Wherever you live, just put a post asking to meet someone for coffee and I am sure someone will do that. I have met hundreds of REIN members at one time or another and rarely encountered anyone who was not willing to help.

I vividly recall what it was like to be unemployed when I first of heard of REIN in Oct 2000. My strategy was to first get a job so I could pay my bills and then focus on moving forward with investing. I knew REIN would be there for me as it will be for you and others who are in the same situation.

Please post/send me an email if there is anything you require.

joeiannuzzi

Registered
QUOTE (seanverret @ May 1 2008, 07:31 AM) Hey Joe,

That`s a great story, and now I have finally figured out how you have the time to post all of those news stories
style_emoticons
. Keep up the good work, enjoy your first Belize and good luck achieving your second!

Thanks Sean. It really does not take me very long now to post the articles. On a typical weekeday, anywhere from 60-90 minutes and perhaps two hours on Sundays because there are numerous small towns. Even if I had a full time job, I could still do this because of the system (i.e. a word document with all the newspaper links) I have compiled. The core issue is going through the economic fundamentals covered at Quickstart or in Don`s book and seeing if the newspaper headlines relate.

Some people have asked me if I am paid to do this and my answer is no. This is strictly volunteer work and my compensation comes from watching others make informed decisions.

Others have said that they could not do this because they have no economics background. This is exactly what I told myself for a few years until I followed Don`s very detailed and specific instructions on how to go about it. "Just try it!"

NeilUttamsingh

Registered
Joe,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful and very inspiring success story.

QUOTE (joeiannuzzi @ May 1 2008, 02:10 PM) Thanks Sean. It really does not take me very long now to post the articles. On a typical weekeday, anywhere from 60-90 minutes and perhaps two hours on Sundays because there are numerous small towns. Even if I had a full time job, I could still do this because of the system (i.e. a word document with all the newspaper links) I have compiled. The core issue is going through the economic fundamentals covered at Quickstart or in Don`s book and seeing if the newspaper headlines relate.

Some people have asked me if I am paid to do this and my answer is no. This is strictly volunteer work and my compensation comes from watching others make informed decisions.

Others have said that they could not do this because they have no economics background. This is exactly what I told myself for a few years until I followed Don`s very detailed and specific instructions on how to go about it. "Just try it!"

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
retired .. and financially INdependent .. not necessarily the same things !!

Keep it going, Joe !!

GarthChapman

Registered
Joe, your work in bringing all this important economic information makes us all better at what we do. Talk about putting something back! You are a great example for us to follow.

lurline

Registered
Hi Joe:

You are an amazing person and if you are ever in the Toronto region I would love to meet with you for coffee. I have joined REIN a few months ago and believe it or not, whenever I open myreinspace.com, your article is usually among the first ones that I read. I often wonder how do you do it?

Well, Congratulations to you on your achievements to date and I sincerely wish you
continued success in the future. Thanks a million for sharing this with us, it has surely
inspired me a great deal.

Lurline

joeiannuzzi

Registered
QUOTE (lurline @ May 2 2008, 08:26 PM) I have joined REIN a few months ago and believe it or not, whenever I open myreinspace.com, your article is usually among the first ones that I read. I often wonder how do you do it?
Hi Lurline. I have been to Toronto a few times and intend on coming to a REIN meeting at some point.

Here is the method I have used in finding daily economic updates on real estate.

Attend Quickstart and the monthly REIN meetings. Now listen to Don explain the economic fundamentals and how they relate to real estate. Some examples are transportation improvments, consumer spending, etc. Review these fundamentals, again and again and again. Ask Don or Russell if you have any questions and also buy "Real Estate Investing in Canada" for even more details. That is 90% of my methodology. The other 10% is a Word document I have compiled which covers major newspapers and then looking in the Local and Business sections for related articles.

Top Bottom