Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Installing New Ceiling - Best solution for Tenant? Ontario Form N13 - 120 days notice(!)

Neil1

Registered
Hi,

My friend has to install a new ceiling in a Plex he bought. The fire department requires that to ensure it meets fire code.
The work can take 1-2 weeks and requires the tenant to move out.
If I understand correctly, he should give the tenant 120 days notice - Form N13(?)

If fire dept wants it done sooner, what is the best option? Can my friend request more time so his client - the tenant gets more time to move out? What is the best option if fire department disagrees to allow the tenant more time to move out?

Also, if you had another renovated vacant unit available, would you offer it to the tenant, arrange a hotel for 1-2 weeks or end the tenancy?
It depends on few factors of course such as the rent amount, other unit size etc. etc. but What is a common/usual solution so tenant is ok if not happy with the solution in this case?

Thanks,
Neil

S

Seeley

The first consideration should be whether the landlord wants to get rid of the tenant. If so then this is the opportunity to do it.. Although they have the right to return they hopefully will chose not to.

If the landlord does not want to rid themselves of the tenant then the proper approach is to sit down with the tenant and discuss their options.

Top Bottom