Investing In Regina

sadie1

Registered
Dec 28, 2009
Besides getting lucky and finding one good investment so far, I really don`t think the numbers work for single family homes in this city. Does anyone have an opinion on investing here?

QUOTE (sadie1 @ Dec 31 2009, 09:01 PM) Besides getting lucky and finding one good investment so far, I really don`t think the numbers work for single family homes in this city. Does anyone have an opinion on investing here?
it works VERY well in Regina .. keep looking ..

houses for under 120K are available in Regina .. s.th. that does not exist in Vancouver, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton or GTA !

WRicheson

Registered
Dec 27, 2009
London, ON
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Jan 1 2010, 09:33 PM) it works VERY well in Regina .. keep looking ..

houses for under 120K are available in Regina .. s.th. that does not exist in Vancouver, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton or GTA !
Oh, Come on Tommy!

You know that purchase price is not the most important factor in an investment!

sadie1

Registered
Dec 28, 2009
QUOTE (ThomasBeyer @ Jan 1 2010, 10:33 PM) it works VERY well in Regina .. keep looking ..

I agree that there are houses under 120k but they exist in the worst part of town. Collecting rent in these areas would require bodyguards

kanabel

Registered
Sep 24, 2007
Edmonton
QUOTE (sadie1 @ Jan 1 2010, 11:16 PM) I agree that there are houses under 120k but they exist in the worst part of town. Collecting rent in these areas would require bodyguards

Not really. Unless you buy in "da hood". I own a house in General Hospital area (paid under 100k), that is leaning onto downtown core. Another one is few blocks away, and I`ve been doing pretty good in last 2 years. Rents went up in Regina substantially. It`s relatively easy to find a tenant. Don`t forget to look for "C" property in "B" neighborhood (if you can), and triple check quality of property you buy, since they might be VERY old in these areas, esp. given the type of soil in Regina, that might contributed to possible foundation issues.
I actually found out that apartment units in Regina (unless you buy wholesale), are actually more expensive that houses, and more expensive than Edmonton apts. nowadays. So, in my opinion, it`s worth to look hard for deals in Regina. Looks promising to me. Unemployment rate still around 4%, and vacancy rate could rise a bit, but still pretty low. Just do proper due diligence so you don`t fall after wards.
Cheers

Dejan

QUOTE (sadie1 @ Jan 1 2010, 11:16 PM) I agree that there are houses under 120k but they exist in the worst part of town. Collecting rent in these areas would require bodyguards
not quite .. look for "C" quality houses in "B" areas ..

then rent for a few years .. then renovate with 10-20K and sell to an owner .. a very profitable venture .. quite doable in Regina or Saskatoon or medium sized town in SK or AB .. harder in big cities like Calgary, Edmonton, GTA, Vancouver ..