Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IPS Driver Error

MrRealEstate

Registered
Afternoon,

Just an FYI but there appears to be issues with the database. At the moment it appears to be affecting the member downloads section all other Forums appear to be ok.

Cheers,

Ryan R-P

jason

Registered
QUOTE (MrRealEstate @ Jul 18 2008, 04:56 PM) Afternoon,

Just an FYI but there appears to be issues with the database. At the moment it appears to be affecting the member downloads section all other Forums appear to be ok.

Cheers,

Ryan R-P

I`m getting the same thing. I reported this post as well so the moderators can see it.

telamon25

Registered
Yup, its broken for me as well.

QUOTE (jason @ Jul 19 2008, 10:46 AM) I`m getting the same thing. I reported this post as well so the moderators can see it.

Anonymous

Registered
It looks like some of the components of the IP.Downloads section aren`t working properly. I`ll look into this and we`ll get it back up as soon as possible!

jason

Registered
Anyone have the tenant question checklist handy
style_emoticons

greg12

Registered
QUOTE (Ethan @ Jul 19 2008, 02:30 PM) It looks like some of the components of the IP.Downloads section aren`t working properly. I`ll look into this and we`ll get it back up as soon as possible!

From my IT days, I recall this as a known issue with PHP/MySQL setups. It is generally caused by one of two things:
1. There are too many users trying to download at the same time
2. The site is experiencing a DOS (Denial of Service) attack
Given that REIN membership has probably not doubled in the last few days, #1 above could be ruled out. This leaves a DOS possibility. This link however suggests that the hosting company may have updated something on their infrastructure: http://forums.htmlhelp.com/index.php?showtopic=3230

Once fixed, I strongly recommend setting up a backup for the forum and all websites. That way downtime can be minimized.

Anonymous

Registered
Yeap it seems like it might be on the host`s end. I`m seeing what IPB has to say but they may tell us to check what`s going on with our host (MyREINSpace is not on our own server). Unfortunately, that may have to wait until Monday, but I`ll call around and see what I can do!

I think it`s pretty unlikely that anyone would launch a DoS attack on this site, but you never know - pretty much all the downloads are targeted at REIN members, though, so most of the files wouldn`t be readily accessible to non-REIN members/bots who might try to pull that sort of thing.

REINteam

Registered
Hi everyone,

It looks like the host fixed the problem and all downloads should be back up. Let us know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Ray Reuter
Client Services
Real Estate Investment Network

Anonymous

Registered
Actually, IPB ended up going in and repairing it... in any case, it`s all working now!

Top Bottom