Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Issues with FireFox and posting

MikeMcC874

Registered
Is there a way to make the textbox I type in to post work again with Firefox? I get no cursor and the arrow keys do not work and I cannot use the mouse to move the insertion point. It used to work fine but has not in a couple of months. True from multiple computer I surf from.

Thanks
Mike

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (MikeMcC874 @ May 21 2010, 07:25 AM) Is there a way to make the textbox I type in to post work again with Firefox? I get no cursor and the arrow keys do not work and I cannot use the mouse to move the insertion point. It used to work fine but has not in a couple of months. True from multiple computer I surf from.

Thanks
Mike
I use Firefox too (as it shows your typo`s as you type !!) .. and I have no issue !

Upgrade to latest Firefox version ? What version of OS (Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac, ..) ?

RedlineBrett

Registered
My home computer with the latest firefox won`t work and I have problems like the OP describes. Working off of windows vista.

My work computer has an older version of firefox and windows XP and no problems. I don`t have any solutions but thought I would add this to the discussion in case any of the REIN staff are troubleshooting the problem.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ May 21 2010, 10:42 AM) My home computer with the latest firefox won`t work and I have problems like the OP describes. Working off of windows vista.
I was having those problems too, but some time around a week or so ago, it started working again. Writing in FF right now! I can`t recall if I updated FF or not...

MikeMcC874

Registered
I am running FF3.63 at home on Windows7 64 bit. At work its FF3.6 on a fully patched WinXp

I started seeing issues about a month ago and it only seems to happen on this forum.

Mike

REINteam

Registered
QUOTE (MikeMcC874 @ May 21 2010, 06:25 AM)
Is there a way to make the textbox I type in to post work again with Firefox? I get no cursor and the arrow keys do not work and I cannot use the mouse to move the insertion point. It used to work fine but has not in a couple of months. True from multiple computer I surf from.

Thanks

Mike

Hi there,

We still haven't received an updated patch from Invision. Please see this post for further clarification: http://myreinspace.com/public_forums/Technical_Support/64-15923-Help_Ive_lost_my_cursor.html

Have a great day!

Candace

Smitty

REIN Member
HI Candace;

I`m bumping this up; still having issues posting with firefox. The flyfishing forum I belong to has the same forum software and I have no problems. here are the problems in order:
1) When posting like I am right now, there is no cursor.
2) No cursor means that I can`t use my mouse to click manually to place the cursor back in a previous sentence or previous paragraph to edit. Quite frustrating. This shoudl wokr better. Now see? Those typing errors? I can`t just place my cursor there...I actually have to backspace everything out and start over.
Arrgh!

Smitty

[Edit: now that I read through all the advice, switching to the rich text editor did work. Thanks!]

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (Smitty @ Sep 1 2010, 12:16 AM) HI Candace;

I`m bumping this up; still having issues posting with firefox. The flyfishing forum I belong to has the same forum software and I have no problems. here are the problems in order:
1) When posting like I am right now, there is no cursor.
2) No cursor means that I can`t use my mouse to click manually to place the cursor back in a previous sentence or previous paragraph to edit. Quite frustrating. This shoudl wokr better. Now see? Those typing errors? I can`t just place my cursor there...I actually have to backspace everything out and start over.
Arrgh!

Smitty

[Edit: now that I read through all the advice, switching to the rich text editor did work. Thanks!]

Download google chrome and use that for myreinspace - works for me...

MKBridge

REIN Member
So that is the problem, using Firefox. I just downloaded it and wondered why I was having problems. Here is my solution - I save the post without writing anything and then go back, select quick edit, and then you have the curser to use. Not hte best solution, but it works.

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
FF is my prime browser, too. I use it exclusively when posting.

However, if I want to edit, I switch to Internet Explorer, which I keep for sites that are not FF friendly, such as my bank.

EdRenkema

Registered
Simple country boy needs HELP!

I'm trying to create a new post in Technical Support and can't figure out how...

Kind of like an oxymoron isn't it?

Here's what I'm trying to figure out: 1. How do I create a new post (ie where is the little button that says: 'new post'?)

2. How do I consolidate all posts under the OP like on the old forum it was an option on the top right, now when I open up a topic all the postings show up in entirety and I have to scroll through all to get to the most recent.

Remember them good old days?...

Ever have an old car or an old tool that didn't work great but b/c you knew all the tricks to make it work it actually worked better than the new & improved (initially anyway /tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

R

RussellWestcott

Ed, glad to help... hope this helps. You will find once after your first few times into the forum, it will be like your best friend

Couple of things:

There are great video tutorials available if you get stuck >> click here to view

[quote user=EdRenkema]

1. How do I create a new post (ie where is the little button that says: 'new post'?)

1) For Creating a new post there is a big blue button (just below the search window) that says NEW POST. If you are in the forum you want to post a new topic in that button will create a new post for you

NewPost.png

[quote user=EdRenkema]

2. How do I consolidate all posts under the OP like on the old forum it was an option on the top right, now when I open up a topic all the postings show up in entirety and I have to scroll through all to get to the most recent.

2) I think you are asking how do you view the lasted post on a thread, instead of going through all the posts to see the lastest one... when you are viewing the list of discussion thread you can click on the latest post link, and that will take you to the latest post and not have to scroll through all the other posts to read the one you want.

latestpost.png

Hope this helps

EdRenkema

Registered
Thanks Russ, however that blue box does not appear undernearth the search box on my version of myREINspace hence my request.

housingrental

Registered
I second Jim Whitelaw's post, my experience has been identical.

A new problem that I just noticed - when trying to reply to Jim's post - is that when I click reply it loads up a new screen with the same headers but no content - I have tried this a few times and cannot reply to a post only reply to the topic as I have done here (so nothing is quoted of the post I wanted to reply to).

This has not been a problem prior so I assume this is a bug with the new forum that can be fixed?

R

RussellWestcott

[quote user=EdRenkema]

Thanks Russ, however that blue box does not appear undernearth the search box on my version of myREINspace hence my request.

Ed have you been able to post a new topic? The only time I have been able to recreate not having a new post button has been when I'm not logged in (do not have permission to post or create a new topic), or I'm in an area that i do not have permission to create a new topic.

Hopefully this has resolved itself. If you need any further assistance please let me know

Top Bottom