Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joe riche

JessHunt

Registered
Is anyone familiar with the Joe Riche area outside of Kelowna? I don`t seem able even to find the altitude, and am wondering about the climate, housing, community, etc. Does anyone have any information they would be willing to share? Thanks

ChrisDavies

Registered
Just personal experience. I assume you`re looking for personal use? It`s a bit up the hill from Kelowna. I`d say it`s ~1/3 of the way up altitude-wise from Kelowna to Big White, but the roads are good in the winter.

JessHunt

Registered
Thanks, Chris. One thing I`m wondering is if it`s overcast a lot. We were, indeed, looking at Joe Riche as a not-too-distant future home. From the community e-site it appears to be a cozy, small community, but word has come down that there are no schools. Too bad, it appears quite attractive as an out-of-town option.

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (JessHunt @ Jul 27 2010, 03:18 PM) Thanks, Chris. One thing I`m wondering is if it`s overcast a lot. We were, indeed, looking at Joe Riche as a not-too-distant future home. From the community e-site it appears to be a cozy, small community, but word has come down that there are no schools. Too bad, it appears quite attractive as an out-of-town option.

It`s not really high enough to get out of most of the valley cloud that infests kelowna in the winter, but it does clear ~1/3 of it. It`s not a far drive down in to Rutland or even central Kelowna if you`re working in town. I like the area, and it`s very outdoorsy. I`ll be in Kelowna next week, I can ask some friends if there`s some people you can call. Pretty sure I know at least one family that lived there.

JessHunt

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Jul 28 2010, 06:46 AM) It`s not really high enough to get out of most of the valley cloud that infests kelowna in the winter, but it does clear ~1/3 of it. It`s not a far drive down in to Rutland or even central Kelowna if you`re working in town. I like the area, and it`s very outdoorsy. I`ll be in Kelowna next week, I can ask some friends if there`s some people you can call. Pretty sure I know at least one family that lived there.
That would be great - I`d really appreciate talking with someone who knows the area. Thanks for your help!

okanaganrentals

Registered
Joe Rich is a nice rural area. It does not get out of the valley fog during the winter (unless you are farther up, and even then it is iffy). I think the closest school is down in the Black mountain area. QUOTE (JessHunt @ Jul 28 2010, 02:17 PM) That would be great - I`d really appreciate talking with someone who knows the area. Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom