Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just closed my 11 suiter Edmonton!

margaretcowan

REIN Member
After a year of looking for a smaller multi-family building in Edmonton the REIN way, I'm now the owner of an 11 suite property on 82nd Avenue in Edmonton! I'm so grateful for all the help I got from my team in Edmonton and my fellow REIN forum members!

Thank you Brent Davies for spotting me on the REIN multi-family forum and bringing me the deal.

Thank you Chris Davies and Brent Davies, realtors extraordinaires, for your professionalism, knowledge, integrity, continuing "beyond the call of duty" help from day one right through closing, patience in answering my many questions, kindness and friendship. You're simply the best! Thank you also for your helpful comments on this forum. On top of all that, Chris is a big food lover!

Thank you Thomas Beyer for all your kind, expert help in commenting on my REIN forum posts. In private emails you generously shared your "on the street" knowledge of Edmonton's multi-family areas when I couldn't figure out the numbers at a crucial time in the offer process. You were instrumental in my making the sale happen.

Thank you Don Campbell and REIN for putting on the multi-family boot camp in August 2010 which I attended. I'd been looking for multi-family properties the wrong way. I learned a huge amount of valuable knowledge I really used.

Thank you to the REIN team for your valuable advice over the past year on my offers.

Thank you George Hilton, my mortgage broker at Montrose Mortgage in Edmonton, for your year of advice and encouragement. After each offer died, you kept telling me, "You'll find a property." You inspected all suites with me in two buildings and showed me how lenders crunch the numbers on several properties. With many years in the biz, you were an excellent advisor. Gently, unobtrusively, you watched to see I took the right path, saying things like, "You're right, Margaret, I wouldn't buy that building either."

Last but not least, thank you to REIN forum members like Adam Hoffman, Brett Turner, Mark Loeffler, Nir, Wade Graham and I know there are others. Your support, advice and comments on my forum posts were invaluable. As a solo investor, I felt I wasn't alone.

When I told a friend who's had a checkered career in her self-managed single family houses, about buying this 11 suiter, she said, "That's a very big property and mortgage for you. Aren't you scared?" I calmly replied, "I feel fine. I have REIN and especially the members of the REIN forum."

DaveL

Registered
Wow great story and congrats Margaret! I have seen you posting your multi-family questions on myreinspace over the last 12 months and it's great to see you finally complete. Hats off as well for being patient and taking the time to do your due dilligence. Very happy for you!

bizaro86

Registered
Congratulations!

That's a great story of perserverence paying off. Best wishes to you with your new property as we head into the new year.

Michael

brentdavies

Registered
Congratulations on your purchase. May it always cash flow and be full of wonderful people living in harmony.

Chris and I were proud to be part of your team. We all love WIN-WIN deals, which this was one.

Have a great Christmas and happy New Year.

acurAspec

Registered
It's always refreshing to hear these stories-- Congratulations and best of luck with finding more like this one!

Sasha

margaretcowan

REIN Member
Thanks everyone for your congratulations notes!

I got back yesterday from a wonderful 3 week holiday in the South Pacific so am just getting back to participating again in myreinspace now.

Happy New Year!

Margaret

www.italycookingschools.com

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=margaretcowan]3 week holiday in the South Pacific the beauty of rental property: make money while you sleep or are away !!

WELL DONE !!

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Congratulations Margaret!

Sounds like you really stepped outside the box on this one, well done! Having a great team around you really is invaluable, isn't it?

Top Bottom