Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JV partnership with a seller

schierau1

REIN Member
As we know we all have limited capital ourselves so we look to create Joint Venture partnerships in order to raise captial to purchase more real estate. I am wondering of anyone has experience/can advise on if/how the seller can become your JV partner....Here`s the scenario:
Seller of a property I am interested in (he is also a realtor) bought the property end of 2007, it was grossly undervalued and so a few months later he is flipping it, mostly to free up capital and improve his Debt Service Ratio so he can buy a couple other things. He will do very nicely. I proposed and he likes the idea, that we can be partners. I would buy his porperty and take title and the 20% downpayment would come from his proceeds of the sale. He still gets cash back from the sale and he remains 50% JV partner.
Can this be done? I do not want to create a sitiution that the banks view as fraudulent. If anyone has experience with structuring this sort of a deal please let me know. Perhaps an abatement or Vendor takeback?? And how would the lawyers structure this? Should he be on title or can we just use a JV agreement and perhaps register a caveat.
thx

Top Bottom