Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kamloops Realtor Needed

mboser

Registered
Hello,

I will be heading up to Kamloops BC within the next month. I am looking for a recommendation of a realtor who is familiar with REIN and this type of investing. If you have any suggestions, that would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Matt

roberj

Registered
QUOTE (mboser @ Mar 22 2009, 10:11 PM) Hello,

I will be heading up to Kamloops BC within the next month. I am looking for a recommendation of a realtor who is familiar with REIN and this type of investing. If you have any suggestions, that would be fantastic.

Thanks.

MattGive Gerald Teichroeb at Remax a call; he is an investor also, and an excellent realtor; John R.

blazer

Registered
QUOTE (mboser @ Mar 22 2009, 10:11 PM) Hello,

Thanks.

Matt

I live in Kamloops and I am a Rein member.

Are you moving here or are you looking for property?

Brent G.

Bolster

REIN Member
I live in Williams lake and I`m a new REIN member. My wife and I are also looking for cashflowing property in Kamloops. We will give Gerald a call. Is there any other good real estate agents in the Kamloops area that specialize in investment properties , and what are some of the better neighbourhoods to invest in?

roydavidson

Registered
I live in Kamloops and I am in the process of joining REIN and developing my real esate investment business. Can anyone recommend a realtor in Kamloops that understands the needs of an investor, and the REIN concepts? Any help would be much appreciated.

RGMurray

Registered
[quote user=Bolster]I live in Williams lake and I'm a new REIN member. My wife and I are also looking for cashflowing property in Kamloops. We will give Gerald a call. Is there any other good real estate agents in the Kamloops area that specialize in investment properties , and what are some of the better neighbourhoods to invest in?

Hi Bolster,

I live in Kamloops and I'm a realtor in town. I was also a REIN member for two years. I'm going to be rejoining soon... I dropped out for a year because I needed the extra cash to use in a business that I was starting up, and now that the business is running, I'm good to join again. I just purchased my own investment in Kamloops, and know the REIN methods well. They are exactly what I use every time when I invest or look at an investment.

As for the best areas in Kamloops to invest in, it depends what you're looking for. Average rents are highest in Aberdeen and Sahali, which is the most popular place for people to live because they are close to amenities and the university. That said, properties are most expensive there as well. Rooms are currently being rented around $550 per month to university students, and the average 2 bedroom apartment goes for around $1000 - $1200, to be conservative.

In terms of population growth, Aberdeen grew around 14% according to the last census (2001-2006). It's the fastest growing area in Kamloops. Sahali is growing a bit slower because it has less developable land, but it's still growing. North Kamloops is also growing at around 5%, but rents are a bit lower there....but then again, so are prices.

If you're looking for areas that are near redevelopment, both downtown Kamloops and North Kamloops have redevelopment plans in place, and there are various incentives for developers who will work on certain types of property. The amount of development that was completed in the North Kamloops Community Centre area between 2009 and 2010 has been quite impressive. There's a new old folks home, new condo apartments that house the North Kamloops Library on the main level, a new hotel, and more. It's a small area that has had a lot of work done in a short period of time, which is nice to see.

There's a tonne of things going on in Kamloops that are nice to hear about. Recently, the Highland Valley Copper Mine's life was extended by 6 years, pushing it's life expectancy out to 2025. The Thompson Rivers University is getting it's own faculty of law, with the first semester happening in the fall of 2011. The university is a huge employer in the city, and it's great to see it grow and expand. And there's much more.

If you ever want to talk about Kamloops statistics, investing here, or just REIN in general, I'd love to chat. I'm furiously passionate about investing, and I love talking shop and working with investors. REIN is one of the best collections of people I have ever seen, and I'd like to get more involved with members.

Best wishes,

Glen

Top Bottom