Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kitchen for rental property

spark1

Registered
Hi all,
I need to replace kitchen for a rental unit. Need wall cabinets, sink, countertop, dishwasher etc. (exept fridge and stove), about 4 meters long.

Where do you order yout kitchen? Where is the best price/quality ratio. I think I will stick to simple inexpansive colors (white). IKEA looks as a good deal, but I am not sure about the quality. Home Depot is a good quality but more expensive.
I am in Toronto.

Any suggestions about the approch to choose kitchen for a rental unit is very much welcomed!

Thank you.

igor

markl

Registered
Hi Igor,

we just got a kitchen fmor Lowes it was good quality and inexpensive. Ikea has some good stuff as well. You can check out the habitat Re store as well

Regards,

QUOTE (spark1 @ Sep 6 2008, 04:07 PM) Hi all,
I need to replace kitchen for a rental unit. Need wall cabinets, sink, countertop, dishwasher etc. (exept fridge and stove), about 4 meters long.

Where do you order yout kitchen? Where is the best price/quality ratio. I think I will stick to simple inexpansive colors (white). IKEA looks as a good deal, but I am not sure about the quality. Home Depot is a good quality but more expensive.
I am in Toronto.

Any suggestions about the approch to choose kitchen for a rental unit is very much welcomed!

Thank you.

igor

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
I highly recommend that anyone doing renos goes to their local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. They are found across the country and we have had a ton of luck finding great items at very low cost.

The one in Edmonton feels like a RONA store. You can find them everywhere.

spark1

Registered
Thank you Mark and Don!

I will check out the ReStores in Toronto. It is too bad they are closed on Sundays and workdays open only till 6 pm.

igor

realfortin

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Sep 6 2008, 04:34 PM) I highly recommend that anyone doing renos goes to their local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. They are found across the country and we have had a ton of luck finding great items at very low cost.

The one in Edmonton feels like a RONA store. You can find them everywhere.

Great idea about the re-store, I had not really considered that before.

As for Ikea cabinets, I have installed their higher end cabinets in my personal residence and absolutely love them. The quality was impressive vs price. I inspected their lower end stuff and it looks quite durable as well.

terri

Registered
I`m an avid shopper @ restore, I`m a regular at all 3 locations in the toronto area but find that it`s more cost effective in the long run to go to Ikea for a kitchen.

I love habitat restore for new light fixture, old period doors and victorian glass door knobs, sinks, appliances, but I can never find a kitchen that fits my needs.

I love Ikea kitchens, installed 5 last year, they`re easy to assemble, easy to install and they look great. I also find that renters get excited over anything "new".

T.

craigw

Registered
I am a big fan of Ikea kitchens. The hardware they come with is top notch (hinges, drawer slides etc.), the same type you would find on kitchens that cost 5 times as much. They are also good for the do it yourselfers out there. Their instore designers are not the most knowlegable however and you you should count on making at least 5 or 6 trips to the store to pick up the odds and ends that their designers miss. Good luck.

Craig Williams
WrenCorp Developments

spark1

Registered
Thank you Craig and Terry! I very much appreciate your comments!

Aneta

REIN Member
I just bought two kitchens from Lowes. I found that Lowes was more helpful, they help you design the kitchen, perfect for a novice like me. IKEA has nice stuff but I found it too busy for any salespeople to help and too much DIY design, picking cabinets etc.

Top Bottom