Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Land Banking With Walton International Group

ekisielewski

Registered
QUOTE (UTCVenturesLtd @ May 22 2009, 08:14 PM) I seem to get the impression that no one has actually done land banking from the investors reading the posts. The future doesn`t look that promising for the land banking game nor much else for the rest of the year. If the land banking folk have been marking up their prices for the investors and the investors still get a decent return for their money, and they can establish a good track record, what does it matter that they mark up the prices in the beginning as they have created a win win for everyone?

Hello: I have invested with Walton International. I bought some land in Edmoton about 5 years ago; before they changed the investing structure and therefore, I hold title.

The projected exit was 20 years when I purchased but given what has taken place in the last 5 years I think that period will be shortened.

I invested with them becasue of their track record and company history. My thinking at the time was that this would be a very passive investment; I boguht it for my kids. I may be retired when the exit comes and therefore, in a low tax bracket to absorb the theoretical high return.

To answer a question re: getting out before exit date. You can do that as there is a secondary market and Walton will sell your investment for a fee.

I am not sure I would invest now since you woul not hold title and I am not crazy about parking my money for 20 years. I have a lot more knowledge about investing now than I did 5 yeasr ago.

Hope that helps
Elisabet Kisielewski

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (ekisielewski @ Jun 4 2009, 08:24 AM) Hello: I have invested with Walton International. I bought some land in Edmoton about 5 years ago; before they changed the investing structure and therefore, I hold title.

The projected exit was 20 years when I purchased but given what has taken place in the last 5 years I think that period will be shortened.

I invested with them becasue of their track record and company history. My thinking at the time was that this would be a very passive investment; I boguht it for my kids. I may be retired when the exit comes and therefore, in a low tax bracket to absorb the theoretical high return.

To answer a question re: getting out before exit date. You can do that as there is a secondary market and Walton will sell your investment for a fee.

I am not sure I would invest now since you woul not hold title and I am not crazy about parking my money for 20 years. I have a lot more knowledge about investing now than I did 5 yeasr ago.

Hope that helps
Elisabet Kisielewski

I like your response. Every real estate investor wishes they could do something else in hindsight after their first few deals. You learned while keeping your money. Other people are in a lot worse scenario right now.

JulieHoffman

Registered
I have an investor who is also invested with Walton. He seems pleased and confident with his investment and with that company. FYI.

Take care and all the best.

Top Bottom