Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Landlord rights for showing property to new tenants...

BREAKRZ

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Just wondering what are a landlords rights in Ontario to show a property to potential new tenants while the home is still occupied by tenants, I'd like to do an open house next saturday say from 2-4. 24 hours notice I know is normally required but can I actually hold the place for 2 hours?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Yes you can. Of course tenant can leave place messy and be a real pain.

Best to offer some cash or give him a voucher for $100 so he can go to a restaurant during this time. Show up at 1:30 to clean up.

BREAKRZ

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Thanks Thomas. I also discovered that you actually don't need to give a 24 hour notice for this type of situation but that's not my style. I'm treating the tenant to lunch. Once again thanks for the advice.

kfort

Registered
Treat them for lunch IF it is clean enough to not be a turn off. Treat them to better than McDicks IF they remember to turn on the scentsy plug in with the vanilla/ good food scent that you drop off for their use while the process is ongoing (& maybe gift to them if they clean the place super well at move out)

kfort

Registered
I'm serious, reward awesome behaviour, not just behaviour.

Top Bottom