Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Landlord Tenant Issues

BrianPersaud

Registered
Tune into Rogers TV`s Inside Toronto Real Estate on Wednesday, December 8th 2010 at 7:00 PM as we investigate landlord and tenant issues.

MPP Di Novo is introducing a private members bill at Queens Park that will give tenants more protection, notably:

* prohibition of landlords increasing rents more than the Ontario government guidelines for any circumstance (including if an old tenant vacates a property and new one arrives or the landlord has performed significant upgrades).

* Requiring all landlords to be licensed and have units to be inspected

April "The Terminator" Stewart feels the system is already weighted in the tenants favour. Today, more than ever, deadbeat renters are taking advantage of the system, costing landlords in Ontario millions.

If you are a tenant or a landlord this is a must see.

Viewers are encouraged to call 416.446 7090 or email [email protected] and ask the panel questions

Each week Inside Toronto Real Estate takes a look at the Toronto Real Estate market, mortgages, property values, legal issues and everything you need to know before and after you sign on the dotted line of your home purchase. Each week, host Brian Persaud talks with industry experts to help potential buyers fulfill their dream of owning a home or condo.

Inside Toronto Real Estate airs Wednesdays at 7:00 PM only on Rogers TV ( Cable 10 in Toronto and Cable 63 in Scarborough) and repeats Thursdays at 2 PM. For complete broadcast details, please visit www.rogerstv.com/ITRE

RArora

Registered
What can we as landlords do to change things? ON is especially worse for landlords and the losses we suffer because of non-paying, disrespectful tenants is paralyzing. US people laugh when we tell them we are not allowed to take damage deposits.

BrianPersaud

Registered
QUOTE (RArora @ Dec 14 2010, 01:50 PM)
What can we as landlords do to change things? ON is especially worse for landlords and the losses we suffer because of non-paying, disrespectful tenants is paralyzing. US people laugh when we tell them we are not allowed to take damage deposits.

You can get involved. Contact your MPP to get the rules changed. Provide solutions and get other area landlords to do the same.

This is on top of screening tenants really well and be efficient/effective manager of paperwork to get bad ones out quickly

I blogged about it previously

http://realexpertsinc.blogspot.com/2009/07...ent-course.html

QUOTE (RArora @ Dec 14 2010, 01:50 PM)

Hi Rasna,

I posted a copy of what I wrote to my MPPs on my blog:

Ontario Bill 112 ` Making Matters Worse for Landlords

Feel free to use this as a template as a guide to writing your own letter(s).

terri

Registered
QUOTE (AndrewMacDonald @ Dec 15 2010, 09:51 AM)
Hi Rasna,

I posted a copy of what I wrote to my MPPs on my blog:

Ontario Bill 112 ` Making Matters Worse for Landlords

Feel free to use this as a template as a guide to writing your own letter(s).

make sure to send a copy of your letter to Cheri DiNova, the Pardale MPP that created the bill.

RArora

Registered
Thanks! I will do that today itself.

This should be on the main discussion board and everyone on REIN should send it I think.

Top Bottom